Final 'Prometheus' Trailer Preview Teases Element of Surprises
After unveiling two preview videos for the anticipated first trailer of "Prometheus", 20th Century Fox comes out with the final promo. Released one day ahead of the trailer debut, this fresh video sees director Ridley Scott explaining where the element of surprise will come from.
In addition to the short preview, Fox also comes out with a brand new still from the high-profile film. The photo puts the focus on one of the leading actors, Michael Fassbender. Clad in spacesuit, the actor's android character, David, flashes a torchlight and wears a serious expression on his face.
Scott delivers a groundbreaking mythology in "Prometheus". The story begins as a team of explorers find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them to a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
The movie was originally designed as a prequel for 1979's "Alien", but the storyline evolved to a more stand-alone mythology. In a recent interview with Filmophilia, Scott insisted that he will not relate his movie to the 1979 thriller "at all."
The first trailer for "Prometheus" is set to be dropped on Thursday, December 22, but the film itself will arrive in the U.S. theaters on June 8, 2012. Joining Fassbender in the cast ensemble are Noomi Rapace, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Ben Foster, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story