Final 'Prometheus' Trailer Preview Teases Element of Surprises
After unveiling two preview videos for the anticipated first trailer of "Prometheus", 20th Century Fox comes out with the final promo. Released one day ahead of the trailer debut, this fresh video sees director Ridley Scott explaining where the element of surprise will come from.
In addition to the short preview, Fox also comes out with a brand new still from the high-profile film. The photo puts the focus on one of the leading actors, Michael Fassbender. Clad in spacesuit, the actor's android character, David, flashes a torchlight and wears a serious expression on his face.
Scott delivers a groundbreaking mythology in "Prometheus". The story begins as a team of explorers find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them to a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
The movie was originally designed as a prequel for 1979's "Alien", but the storyline evolved to a more stand-alone mythology. In a recent interview with Filmophilia, Scott insisted that he will not relate his movie to the 1979 thriller "at all."
The first trailer for "Prometheus" is set to be dropped on Thursday, December 22, but the film itself will arrive in the U.S. theaters on June 8, 2012. Joining Fassbender in the cast ensemble are Noomi Rapace, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Ben Foster, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce.
More Prometheus News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal