The Kardashians Taking Chinese Sweatshops Claim 'Very Seriously'
The Kardashians have responded to the allegations that the products they are selling are the result of "slave labor". In a statement, Kim Kardashian, her mother and two sisters said that are investigating to the situation and that they take it "very seriously".
The use of Chinese sweatshops for the goods that are sold in K-Dash fashion label, the Kris Jenner Kollection and Kim Kardashian's ShoeDazzle company was first reported by The Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights. The organization said the reality stars "are in bed with some pretty bad people" and are "holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women's rights."
But one of the companies, ShoeDazzle, has denied their involvement. Robert Shapiro, owner of the company, said they have done everything to make sure everything was done properly. COO Deborah Benton added, "This issue of child labor is of paramount importance to us. We've been very focused on this from the very beginning."
The Kardashian family themselves said through their representative, "This is the first we are hearing about it and take it very seriously as we would never condone this. We are presently investigating the situation."
More Kris Jenner News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell