The Kardashians Taking Chinese Sweatshops Claim 'Very Seriously'
The Kardashians have responded to the allegations that the products they are selling are the result of "slave labor". In a statement, Kim Kardashian, her mother and two sisters said that are investigating to the situation and that they take it "very seriously".
The use of Chinese sweatshops for the goods that are sold in K-Dash fashion label, the Kris Jenner Kollection and Kim Kardashian's ShoeDazzle company was first reported by The Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights. The organization said the reality stars "are in bed with some pretty bad people" and are "holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women's rights."
But one of the companies, ShoeDazzle, has denied their involvement. Robert Shapiro, owner of the company, said they have done everything to make sure everything was done properly. COO Deborah Benton added, "This issue of child labor is of paramount importance to us. We've been very focused on this from the very beginning."
The Kardashian family themselves said through their representative, "This is the first we are hearing about it and take it very seriously as we would never condone this. We are presently investigating the situation."
More Kris Jenner News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London