The Kardashians Taking Chinese Sweatshops Claim 'Very Seriously'
The Kardashians have responded to the allegations that the products they are selling are the result of "slave labor". In a statement, Kim Kardashian, her mother and two sisters said that are investigating to the situation and that they take it "very seriously".
The use of Chinese sweatshops for the goods that are sold in K-Dash fashion label, the Kris Jenner Kollection and Kim Kardashian's ShoeDazzle company was first reported by The Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights. The organization said the reality stars "are in bed with some pretty bad people" and are "holding hands with a government that spits on democracy and women's rights."
But one of the companies, ShoeDazzle, has denied their involvement. Robert Shapiro, owner of the company, said they have done everything to make sure everything was done properly. COO Deborah Benton added, "This issue of child labor is of paramount importance to us. We've been very focused on this from the very beginning."
The Kardashian family themselves said through their representative, "This is the first we are hearing about it and take it very seriously as we would never condone this. We are presently investigating the situation."
More Kris Jenner News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed