Rooney Mara Denies Slamming Her 'Law and Order: SVU' Stint
Rooney Mara is clearing up the assumption that she bashed the storyline of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" in which she guest starred. The "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" actress said she did not mean to call her 2006 stint on the NBC series as "awful" and "stupid".
In an interview with Allure magazine, Mara said, "It was so awful. So stupid. Me and my boyfriend - although I [didn't] look old enough to have a boyfriend - went and beat up these fat people and at the end of the show, you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people." She added, "Ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they're fat?"
Mara now realizes that people may think she hated the experience. "That was my first job. It couldn't have been more exciting for me. It's an experience I hold very dear to my heart. If anything, I didn't mean that the storyline was ridiculous; I meant that humanity is ridiculous," Mara said.
"I know that 'Law & Order' make their episodes out of real things that are happening in the city, so to me, by 'ridiculous' I meant that humanity is ridiculous. People are awful to one another, and to me, I find it ridiculous."
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image