Rooney Mara Denies Slamming Her 'Law and Order: SVU' Stint
Rooney Mara is clearing up the assumption that she bashed the storyline of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" in which she guest starred. The "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" actress said she did not mean to call her 2006 stint on the NBC series as "awful" and "stupid".
In an interview with Allure magazine, Mara said, "It was so awful. So stupid. Me and my boyfriend - although I [didn't] look old enough to have a boyfriend - went and beat up these fat people and at the end of the show, you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people." She added, "Ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they're fat?"
Mara now realizes that people may think she hated the experience. "That was my first job. It couldn't have been more exciting for me. It's an experience I hold very dear to my heart. If anything, I didn't mean that the storyline was ridiculous; I meant that humanity is ridiculous," Mara said.
"I know that 'Law & Order' make their episodes out of real things that are happening in the city, so to me, by 'ridiculous' I meant that humanity is ridiculous. People are awful to one another, and to me, I find it ridiculous."
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics