Rooney Mara Denies Slamming Her 'Law and Order: SVU' Stint
Rooney Mara is clearing up the assumption that she bashed the storyline of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" in which she guest starred. The "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" actress said she did not mean to call her 2006 stint on the NBC series as "awful" and "stupid".
In an interview with Allure magazine, Mara said, "It was so awful. So stupid. Me and my boyfriend - although I [didn't] look old enough to have a boyfriend - went and beat up these fat people and at the end of the show, you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people." She added, "Ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they're fat?"
Mara now realizes that people may think she hated the experience. "That was my first job. It couldn't have been more exciting for me. It's an experience I hold very dear to my heart. If anything, I didn't mean that the storyline was ridiculous; I meant that humanity is ridiculous," Mara said.
"I know that 'Law & Order' make their episodes out of real things that are happening in the city, so to me, by 'ridiculous' I meant that humanity is ridiculous. People are awful to one another, and to me, I find it ridiculous."
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win