J.R. Martinez: I Won't Get Married in the Next Six Months
J.R. Martinez won't be tying the knot in the near future. Days after sharing news that he's going to be a father to a baby girl, the current champion of "Dancing with the Stars" revealed that his girlfriend, Diana Gonzalez-Jones, refused to get married while being pregnant with their child.
"She made it very clear to me even before she was pregnant... that [she is] not walking down the aisle with a big belly," he told Us Weekly. "It'll definitely be something that's NOT happening in the next six months. Right now the focus is the baby and bringing the baby into the world. But [marriage is] definitely something we want."
Speaking of spending his life with his girlfriend of one year, the Iraq war veteran said, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
During the chat, Martinez also spilled that he had known about his girlfriend's pregnancy since September. "I kept it under wraps and focused on my dancing," he explained. Still, he insisted that even when he was dancing, he "still made time" to go to the doctor appointments with his girlfriend.
"I would tell Karina [Smirnoff], 'Hey I need to push rehearsal back an hour...,' " the "All My Children" actor recalled. He added, "I was so focused mentally, emotionally, on 'Dancing with the Stars', and then I was also processing, 'Whoa, I'm going to be a dad!" That's a lot of information to process at one time!"
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture