J.R. Martinez: I Won't Get Married in the Next Six Months
J.R. Martinez won't be tying the knot in the near future. Days after sharing news that he's going to be a father to a baby girl, the current champion of "Dancing with the Stars" revealed that his girlfriend, Diana Gonzalez-Jones, refused to get married while being pregnant with their child.
"She made it very clear to me even before she was pregnant... that [she is] not walking down the aisle with a big belly," he told Us Weekly. "It'll definitely be something that's NOT happening in the next six months. Right now the focus is the baby and bringing the baby into the world. But [marriage is] definitely something we want."
Speaking of spending his life with his girlfriend of one year, the Iraq war veteran said, "We thought we'd get married, give ourselves a couple of years and do more things, experience things as a couple and then we'd start to think about kids. But life doesn't always work that way! Things happen! And I do see myself being with her forever."
During the chat, Martinez also spilled that he had known about his girlfriend's pregnancy since September. "I kept it under wraps and focused on my dancing," he explained. Still, he insisted that even when he was dancing, he "still made time" to go to the doctor appointments with his girlfriend.
"I would tell Karina [Smirnoff], 'Hey I need to push rehearsal back an hour...,' " the "All My Children" actor recalled. He added, "I was so focused mentally, emotionally, on 'Dancing with the Stars', and then I was also processing, 'Whoa, I'm going to be a dad!" That's a lot of information to process at one time!"
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes