Televangelist Blasts 'SNL' for Mocking Devout Christian Tim Tebow
Although gaining a huge number of viewership with its latest episode, "Saturday Night Live" is under fire for one of the skits in the same outing. Televangelist Pat Robertson slammed the show for featuring a skit that mocks Tim Tebow, an open and devout Christian who is famous for bending on his knee to pray during a game.
Calling it an "anti-Christian bigotry," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network, "If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!"
He went on praising the Denver Broncos quarterback, "Tebow is an example, and I think he is a wonderful human being." He added, "We need more religious faith in our society. We're losing our moral compass in our nation and this man has been placed in a unique position and I applaud him. God bless him."
The skit that was criticized by Robertson features Jason Sudeikis as Jesus who visits Taran Killam's Tebow at the Broncos locker room. In it, Sudeikis' Jesus tells Killam's Tebow to start playing better earlier in games and ease up on the praise.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special