Televangelist Blasts 'SNL' for Mocking Devout Christian Tim Tebow
Although gaining a huge number of viewership with its latest episode, "Saturday Night Live" is under fire for one of the skits in the same outing. Televangelist Pat Robertson slammed the show for featuring a skit that mocks Tim Tebow, an open and devout Christian who is famous for bending on his knee to pray during a game.
Calling it an "anti-Christian bigotry," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network, "If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off!"
He went on praising the Denver Broncos quarterback, "Tebow is an example, and I think he is a wonderful human being." He added, "We need more religious faith in our society. We're losing our moral compass in our nation and this man has been placed in a unique position and I applaud him. God bless him."
The skit that was criticized by Robertson features Jason Sudeikis as Jesus who visits Taran Killam's Tebow at the Broncos locker room. In it, Sudeikis' Jesus tells Killam's Tebow to start playing better earlier in games and ease up on the praise.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors