'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Sequel Possibly Features Speaking Apes
The sequel to "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" might feature apes which are able to talk. In a recent Q&A podcast with Jeff Goldsmith, screenwriters Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa hinted at a possibility to make Caesar and co. speak in the anticipated movie.
"We're working on the sequel right now, to the prequel, and so the excitement is - I'm not gonna tell you, but - are they gonna talk or not?" teased Silver. "Part of the challenge was how to get across what was happening between the apes without words. In the end I think it was a good challenge for us. It created better storytelling."
Director Rupert Wyatt will be back to helm "Rise of the Planet of the Apes Sequel". Andy Serkis, meanwhile, is set to reprise his role as apes leader Caesar. The sequel project is currently in the early stage and still hasn't got a release date.
Back in August, in an interview with Bleeding Cool, Wyatt dished on his plans for the upcoming sequel. "There's so much we could do...The ideas I've had are all sorts of things, ranging from Fill Metal Jacket with apes...," he said. "You could start this story again eight years from where we left off, the next generation of apes."
"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" opened wide in the U.S. theaters on August 5. Serving as a prequel to 1968's film "Planet of the Apes", this movie revolves around Caesar, an intelligent chimp which starts a revolution that escalates into a war between humans and apes. The film grossed $479 million in worldwide ticket sale.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby