Vin Diesel: 'Fast and Furious 7' Being Written Simultaneously With Sixth Film
Vin Diesel has confirmed that Universal Pictures is currently developing not only the sixth "Fast and Furious" film, but also the seventh one. The actor playing Dominic "Dom" Toretto in "Fast and Furious" and "Fast Five" recently shared to The Hollywood Reporter that the sixth installment has to be split into two films, resulting in a seventh movie being produced.
"With the success of this last one ['Fast Five'], and the inclusion of so many characters, and the broadening of scope, when we were sitting down to figure out what would fit into the real estate of number six, we didn't have enough space," Diesel explained. He added that the sixth and seventh films are being written simultaneously.
Recalling how it all fell into place, the 44-year-old action star said, "We have to pay off this story, we have to service all of these character relationships, and when we started mapping all that out it just went beyond 110 pages. The studio said, 'You can't fit all that story in one damn movie!' "
Diesel, however, refused to unveil whether the two sequels will be related to one another or will become standalone movies.
The untitled Fast and Furious 6 has been scheduled to arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 24, 2013, but the seventh film still hasn't got any release date just yet. Still, it has been reported that there is plan to shoot the two movies back-to-back, and production is said to begin in Europe in 2012.
No casting has been confirmed, but Diesel, Paul Walker, Eva Mendes, Michelle Rodriguez and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson are expected to reprise their roles as Dom, Brian, Monica, Letty and Luke respectively. Meanwhile, Justin Lin is set to be back on the director's seat with Chris Morgan to return as the screenwriter.
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media