Steve Jones on Rumor He's Fired From 'X Factor': 'Thank You Very Much for That'
Steve Jones has yet to be kicked out from "The X Factor (US)". Playing down rumor that his contract is not renewed for season 2, the Welsh hunk told Access Hollywood, "British tabloids, thank you very much for that. Merry Christmas, me."
"There's been no conversation with FOX or Fremantle and there won't be until the New Year," he further explained before adding, "If I'm back, great, if I'm not, I'll do something else. Simple as that."
Branding the firing report "a fabrication", Jones' representative affirmed, "There have been absolutely no conversations about Steve Jones leaving 'The X Factor'." The rep additionally claimed that "Steve is very happy with the outcome of this season. And he looks forward to being back and discovering more talent in the New Year."
In a similar tune, a representative for the singing competition show responded to the swirling rumor by stating, "No discussions have been had and no decisions will be made about any contracts until the New Year."
Previously, The Daily Mirror reported that Jones is dismissed from his job after a series of "terrible reviews" from American audience in the debut season. "The executives at Fox have already decided not to renew his contract and so, short of a miracle happening, it is pretty much a done deal that he will not take part next season," it was added.
Meanwhile, Jones and all four judges on the U.S. version of "The X Factor" are looking forward to the finale. Talking about their commitment on the show, the 34-year-old presenter said, "We're 100 percent focused on making the best final possible for our viewers."
Simon Cowell gushed during a Monday, December 19 press conference, "With these three, this will be the greatest final ever in terms of talent." He further boasted, "No one could call this show... Amazing vocalists, great recording artists, I'm more excited about this week than anything for a long while and one of these artists will be the legacy for this year. This is $5 million talent."
The first part of "X Factor" final round, where Melanie Amaro, Chris Rene and Josh Krajcik would perform, will air Wednesday, December 21 at 8 P.M. ET. The winner will be crowned on a Thursday show with Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis, Pitbull and Ne-Yo slated to perform.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party