Steve Jones on Rumor He's Fired From 'X Factor': 'Thank You Very Much for That'
Steve Jones has yet to be kicked out from "The X Factor (US)". Playing down rumor that his contract is not renewed for season 2, the Welsh hunk told Access Hollywood, "British tabloids, thank you very much for that. Merry Christmas, me."
"There's been no conversation with FOX or Fremantle and there won't be until the New Year," he further explained before adding, "If I'm back, great, if I'm not, I'll do something else. Simple as that."
Branding the firing report "a fabrication", Jones' representative affirmed, "There have been absolutely no conversations about Steve Jones leaving 'The X Factor'." The rep additionally claimed that "Steve is very happy with the outcome of this season. And he looks forward to being back and discovering more talent in the New Year."
In a similar tune, a representative for the singing competition show responded to the swirling rumor by stating, "No discussions have been had and no decisions will be made about any contracts until the New Year."
Previously, The Daily Mirror reported that Jones is dismissed from his job after a series of "terrible reviews" from American audience in the debut season. "The executives at Fox have already decided not to renew his contract and so, short of a miracle happening, it is pretty much a done deal that he will not take part next season," it was added.
Meanwhile, Jones and all four judges on the U.S. version of "The X Factor" are looking forward to the finale. Talking about their commitment on the show, the 34-year-old presenter said, "We're 100 percent focused on making the best final possible for our viewers."
Simon Cowell gushed during a Monday, December 19 press conference, "With these three, this will be the greatest final ever in terms of talent." He further boasted, "No one could call this show... Amazing vocalists, great recording artists, I'm more excited about this week than anything for a long while and one of these artists will be the legacy for this year. This is $5 million talent."
The first part of "X Factor" final round, where Melanie Amaro, Chris Rene and Josh Krajcik would perform, will air Wednesday, December 21 at 8 P.M. ET. The winner will be crowned on a Thursday show with Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis, Pitbull and Ne-Yo slated to perform.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance