Taylor Swift's CoverGirl Ad Gets Pulled Following Complaint of Excessive Photoshopping
Taylor Swift finds herself entangled in a controversy because of her cosmetics ad. Procter & Gamble (P&G) recently pulled a CoverGirl print spot featuring the "Mean" singer after the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus called it out for excessive Photoshopping.
Before the ad for CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara was being discontinued, the NAD requested substantiation from P&G for the claims that the product produced "2X more volume" vs. bare lashes and was "20% lighter" than the most-expensive mascara. It also looked into whether the ad "conveyed the implied messages" that consumers would get lashes like those depicted in the ad "without post-production enhancement."
In response, a P&G spokeswoman said in an e-mail statement, "Upon receiving the inquiry from the NAD, P&G discontinued the advertisement in question. The NAD has deemed our intervention as accurate and proper. We have always been committed, and we continue to be committed, to featuring visuals and claims that accurately represent our products' benefits."
Taylor herself has yet to comment on the matter, but the "Sparks Fly" singer recently turned 22 and has taken to her Twitter to thank fans for the birthday wishes. "Best. Birthday. Ever. Thank you for all the birthday wishes," so she wrote. "You made me feel really special today :) :) :)"
More Taylor Swift News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked