Taylor Swift's CoverGirl Ad Gets Pulled Following Complaint of Excessive Photoshopping
Taylor Swift finds herself entangled in a controversy because of her cosmetics ad. Procter & Gamble (P&G) recently pulled a CoverGirl print spot featuring the "Mean" singer after the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus called it out for excessive Photoshopping.
Before the ad for CoverGirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara was being discontinued, the NAD requested substantiation from P&G for the claims that the product produced "2X more volume" vs. bare lashes and was "20% lighter" than the most-expensive mascara. It also looked into whether the ad "conveyed the implied messages" that consumers would get lashes like those depicted in the ad "without post-production enhancement."
In response, a P&G spokeswoman said in an e-mail statement, "Upon receiving the inquiry from the NAD, P&G discontinued the advertisement in question. The NAD has deemed our intervention as accurate and proper. We have always been committed, and we continue to be committed, to featuring visuals and claims that accurately represent our products' benefits."
Taylor herself has yet to comment on the matter, but the "Sparks Fly" singer recently turned 22 and has taken to her Twitter to thank fans for the birthday wishes. "Best. Birthday. Ever. Thank you for all the birthday wishes," so she wrote. "You made me feel really special today :) :) :)"
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'