James Franco Close to Play Hugh Hefner in 'Lovelace'
James Franco could end up playing Hugh Hefner in Linda Lovelace biopic. Variety reported that the 33-year-old actor is in negotiations to cameo as the Playboy founder in "Lovelace", which tells the story of the late iconic porn star.
The "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" actor is expected to shoot the film for a single day. His scene will be the one that sees Hefner welcoming Lovelace and her husband Chuck Traynor to the Playboy Mansion for a screening of her infamous film "Deep Throat".
Franco was originally offered to tackle the part of male lead Traynor in the biopic before the role went to Peter Sarsgaard. Should he join the movie, he will reunite with directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman who worked with him in 2010's "Howl".
"Lovelace" will be based on Eric Danville's "The Complete Linda Lovelace", a biography published in 2001, a year before the iconic star died. Lovelace was just a schoolgirl in Florida before she met and married Traynor, who transformed her into the world's most famous porn star. She is famously known for starring in a 1972 hardcore porn movie "Deep Throat", which was one of the highest grossing independent films of all time.
Amanda Seyfried has been cast as the iconic adult film star. She is joined by some newly cast actors, including Hank Azaria who will play "Deep Throat" helmer Jerry Damiano, Bobby Cannavale and Chris Noth who will star as the porn film's financial backers Butchie Peraino and Anthony Romano respectively, as well as Robert Patrick who will portray Lovelace's father John Boreman who is ashamed of his daughter's fame.
The production of the movie is set to begin on Tuesday, December 20 in Los Angeles. The film is also supported by other notable stars including Sharon Stone as Lovelace's mother, Juno Temple as her best friend, and Wes Bentley as her second husband.
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'