Drake, Jessie J and Blake Shelton to Ring In New Year's Eve With Carson Daly
Another celebration to welcome 2012 has been officially announced. Continuing its tradition as a star-studded affair, "NBC'S New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" has secured a stellar line-up of musical guests which include Canadian rapper Drake, British singer Jessie J, and "The Voice" judge Blake Shelton.
Those three artists, who represent Hip-Hop, pop and country music, will be joined by another judge and vocal coach of "The Voice" Cee-Lo Green, "Smash" star Megan Hilty, and 15-time Grammy-winning jazz veteran Tony Bennett. Together, they help make merry the annual gig live from Times Square in New York City.
"There is no better place to be in the world on New Year's Eve than in Times Square," Daly enthused when announcing the official line-up for the upcoming two-hour special concert. The NBC personality added, "I look forward to this night all year - to ring in the New Year with millions of people across the country - it's a blast!"
The gig will additionally highlight special segments, one of which is a comedy performance led by Jimmy Fallon from the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. NBC News anchor Brian Williams will also give his music review of 2011, and many stars including Ricky Gervais will pass along their New Year's Eve greetings.
Daly himself will count down the five top "game-changers" of the year which feature NBC Sports' Bob Costas. Helping the host to provide coverage of the celebration with live reports from the heart of Times Square will be J.B. Smoove ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") and NBC's "Today" correspondent Amy Robach.
More Drake News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign