Drake, Jessie J and Blake Shelton to Ring In New Year's Eve With Carson Daly
Another celebration to welcome 2012 has been officially announced. Continuing its tradition as a star-studded affair, "NBC'S New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" has secured a stellar line-up of musical guests which include Canadian rapper Drake, British singer Jessie J, and "The Voice" judge Blake Shelton.
Those three artists, who represent Hip-Hop, pop and country music, will be joined by another judge and vocal coach of "The Voice" Cee-Lo Green, "Smash" star Megan Hilty, and 15-time Grammy-winning jazz veteran Tony Bennett. Together, they help make merry the annual gig live from Times Square in New York City.
"There is no better place to be in the world on New Year's Eve than in Times Square," Daly enthused when announcing the official line-up for the upcoming two-hour special concert. The NBC personality added, "I look forward to this night all year - to ring in the New Year with millions of people across the country - it's a blast!"
The gig will additionally highlight special segments, one of which is a comedy performance led by Jimmy Fallon from the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. NBC News anchor Brian Williams will also give his music review of 2011, and many stars including Ricky Gervais will pass along their New Year's Eve greetings.
Daly himself will count down the five top "game-changers" of the year which feature NBC Sports' Bob Costas. Helping the host to provide coverage of the celebration with live reports from the heart of Times Square will be J.B. Smoove ("Curb Your Enthusiasm") and NBC's "Today" correspondent Amy Robach.
More Drake News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed