Steve Jones May Be Fired From 'X Factor' Hosting Job
There's a word floating out there that "The X Factor (US)" host Steve Jones will not return next season. The British host reportedly is dismissed from his job after a series of "terrible reviews" from American audience in the debut season.
"There have been mistakes and he just doesn’t seem to have the knack for dealing with contestants," The Daily Mirror reported. "The executives at Fox have already decided not to renew his contract and so, short of a miracle happening, it is pretty much a done deal that he will not take part next season."
Jones infamously blurted out "the dream is over" when announcing the elimination of girl group Ladoka Rayne. Member Hayley Orrantia took over the microphone and corrected the host for his off-script verbal stumble, saying the dream was most certainly not ending at that moment.
"The X Factor" press conference was held at CBS Television City on Monday, December 19 in Los Angeles but it is yet known whether Jones is kicked out. The 34-year-old himself admitted that he has no idea whether he would be rehired. "Fingers crossed, I'd love to come back. [We'll] see what happens," he said earlier this month.
But the news reportedly has been delivered to Jones and it devastated him.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl