Sean Penn Gets Involved in Heated Shouting Match With Maria Conchita Alonso
Sean Penn lost his cool when confronted about his public support of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez by Maria Conchita Alonso recently. The "Fair Game" actor and the Cuban songstress ran into each other at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday, December 18, and before long, the two found themselves in a shouting match.
Alonso talked about the Sunday confrontation during a radio interview on Monday, December 19. Speaking to host Steve Malzberg on WMAL in Washington, she recalled seeing Penn at the baggage claim when she was picking up her mother. According to her, when she confronted him, the actor told her, "I don't wanna talk to you. You speak badly about me."
In her response, Alonso told Penn, "I just say the truth. That you are a friend of Chavez and that he's a good man. And that's a lie. How can you do that?" The 54-year-old continued to say that Penn accused her brother of trying to assassinate Chavez before denying that he supports Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. He then called Alonso "a pig," which triggered her to brand him "a Communist."
That was not the end of it though. Alsonso further recalled, "The second time I called him a Communist, I said, 'You're a Communist a**hole. I was so angry and I had all this built inside me for so many years, and he calls me 'a pig.' I just exploded." She added, "My mother was so happy, she wanted to clap."
During the chat, the Grammy Award-nominated singer admitted, "I hope someone filmed it on their cell phones. The people were very quiet because it started not loud, but then it became loud." She also said that she apologized for using the word "a**hole", but she won't apologize for "calling him a Communist, because that's what he is."
More Sean Penn News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video