Previews of 'Prometheus' Trailer Let Out Extraterrestrial Horror
A few days before the trailer for "Prometheus" makes its debut, 20th Century Fox hypes up the anticipation by releasing two previews. Both sneak peeks offer few glimpses at some horror scenes taking place in the extraterrestrial settings. They also give a look at some behind-the-scene footage with director Ridley Scott talking about what to expect from the thriller.
In "Prometheus", Scott creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them to a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
The thriller film was originally planned as a prequel for 1979's "Alien", but the storyline evolved to a more stand-alone mythology. In a recent interview with Filmophilia, Scott insisted that he will not relate his movie to the 1979 thriller "at all."
"I mean, you could actually say, and there's a quote I did, a pretty good quote: By the end of the third act you start to realize there's a DNA of the very first alien, but none of the subsequent aliens," he said. "To tell you what that is is a pity, and I'm not going to tell you, because it's actually good, pretty organic to the process and to the original. But we go back, we don't go forward."
The first trailer for "Prometheus" is set to be unleashed on Thursday, December 22, while the film itself will arrive in the U.S. theaters on June 8, 2012. It is supported by Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Ben Foster, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture