Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard Have Split for Almost Two Years
Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard are apparently great at keeping a secret. The "Grey Gardens" star and her longtime partner have called it quits after nearly 30 years together, and according to PEOPLE, the pair took the decision to end their their relationship almost two years ago.
A representative for 62-year-old Lange confirmed the break-up, but refused to dish on further details. A source, on the other hand, suggested that the former couple, who have two grown children, 26-year-old Hanna Jane and 24-year-old Samuel Walker, together, are both "pursuing independent lives."
Lange and 68-year-old Shepard have been together since 1982. Before the two got together, the actress playing Irma Applewood on "Normal" was married to photographer Francisco "Paco" Grande from 1970 to 1981, and the playwright/actor was married to actress O-Lan Jones.
Lange recently got a nomination for both 2012 Golden Globe Awards and Screen Actors Guild Awards for her portrayal of Constance on "American Horror Story". She will next be seen in "The Vow". Meanwhile, Shepard recently starred as Butch Cassidy in "Blackthorn".
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza