Pictures: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and More Celebrate 'VH1 Divas' Concert
"American Idol" alumna Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson came to Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday night, December 18 to perform at the "VH1 Divas" concert. The former wore a colorful long dress, while the latter rocked a dark-green mini gown when taking the stage.
This year, "VH1 Divas" paid homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia with The Roots as a house band. The other headliners were Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Jessie J and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine.
Aside from those headliners, the gig also featured performances from special guests Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius, Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy. Amy Winehouse was honored in a special medley tribute introduced by Nas.
Celebrity guests who also stepped out to honor the big cities where soul music originated and ultimately flourished included Martha Reeves, Ledisi, La La Anthony, Dolly Parton, Janelle Snowden and Mavis Staples.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby