Pictures: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and More Celebrate 'VH1 Divas' Concert
"American Idol" alumna Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson came to Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday night, December 18 to perform at the "VH1 Divas" concert. The former wore a colorful long dress, while the latter rocked a dark-green mini gown when taking the stage.
This year, "VH1 Divas" paid homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia with The Roots as a house band. The other headliners were Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Jessie J and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine.
Aside from those headliners, the gig also featured performances from special guests Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius, Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy. Amy Winehouse was honored in a special medley tribute introduced by Nas.
Celebrity guests who also stepped out to honor the big cities where soul music originated and ultimately flourished included Martha Reeves, Ledisi, La La Anthony, Dolly Parton, Janelle Snowden and Mavis Staples.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show