Pictures: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and More Celebrate 'VH1 Divas' Concert
"American Idol" alumna Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson came to Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday night, December 18 to perform at the "VH1 Divas" concert. The former wore a colorful long dress, while the latter rocked a dark-green mini gown when taking the stage.
This year, "VH1 Divas" paid homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia with The Roots as a house band. The other headliners were Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Jessie J and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine.
Aside from those headliners, the gig also featured performances from special guests Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius, Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy. Amy Winehouse was honored in a special medley tribute introduced by Nas.
Celebrity guests who also stepped out to honor the big cities where soul music originated and ultimately flourished included Martha Reeves, Ledisi, La La Anthony, Dolly Parton, Janelle Snowden and Mavis Staples.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?