Pictures: Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and More Celebrate 'VH1 Divas' Concert
"American Idol" alumna Jennifer Hudson and Kelly Clarkson came to Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday night, December 18 to perform at the "VH1 Divas" concert. The former wore a colorful long dress, while the latter rocked a dark-green mini gown when taking the stage.
This year, "VH1 Divas" paid homage to the places like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia with The Roots as a house band. The other headliners were Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Jessie J and Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine.
Aside from those headliners, the gig also featured performances from special guests Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius, Boyz II Men and Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy. Amy Winehouse was honored in a special medley tribute introduced by Nas.
Celebrity guests who also stepped out to honor the big cities where soul music originated and ultimately flourished included Martha Reeves, Ledisi, La La Anthony, Dolly Parton, Janelle Snowden and Mavis Staples.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal