Geoffrey Zakarian Is 'The Next Iron Chef' Season 4 Winner
It's another battle on another TV show on Sunday, December 18. While the final three castaways pled their win on "Survivor: South Pacific", the remaining two chefs on "The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs" showed off their cooking skill and made the best dishes for the judges.
Taking place in the Kitchen Stadium, Geoffrey Zakaria and Elizabeth Falkner faced off each other in the finale. Iron Chefs Bobby Flay and Masaharu Morimoto came as guest judges, joining regular judges Simon Majumdar, Judy Joo and Michael Symon.
The two finalists had to make holiday meal using secret ingredients including beef crown roast, candy canes, clementines, acorn & butternut squash, salt cod, brussels sprouts, unfiltered apple cider and parsnips. They must create three Christmas theme dishes with those ingredients.
After 14 minutes passed, the Chairman revealed the first surprise which forced them to use cranberries as another theme ingredient they must create a dish with. On the positive side, they were given a chance to pick one former competitor from the audience as an additional sous chef for 15 minutes for each side of the kitchen. Zakaria and Falkner agreed to choose Alex Guarnaschelli.
When 30 minutes already passed, the Chairman revealed the second surprise which was to create a frozen dessert using the ice cream machine. With only 15 minutes remaining, the pressure got higher after the Chairman announced the third surprise which told the two competing chefs to make a "holiday-themed" cocktail served in a martini glass.
After tasting the dishes presented by both Chef Zakaria and Chef Falkner, the judges weighed in on the two finalists before picking their personal winner. It was later announced that Zakaria won over Falkner. Commenting on his victory, the New York chef who had also competed on "Iron Chef America" said it's "extremely humbling to be an Iron Chef."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show