Nicki Minaj Scores EW's Best Song of 2011, Kim Kardashian Nabs the Worst
Looking back the past twelve months, it's clear that Nicki Minaj shines brighter than she has already had. However, things didn't turn out well for Kim Kardashian when the reality TV series tried her hands at music. She released a debut single "Jam (Turn It Up)", but it flopped on the chart and was bashed by music critics.
After taking iTunes' Breakthrough Artist of the Year title, Young Money femcee Nicki is named by Entertainment Weekly as an artist who has the best song of 2011. She rules this year's top 10 list through her single "Super Bass" which also helped her land at the first place on a similar list by Billboard.
In the EW list, Nicki prevents Foster the People and The Throne duo from taking the crown. While the indie pop duo settle at the second place with their breakthrough single "Pumped Up Kicks", Kanye West and Jay-Z round up the top 3 with Frank Ocean-assisted track "No Church in the Wild".
Moving from the best to the worst list, EW puts the estranged wife of Kris Humphries on the "throne" of its top 5 list through "Jam (Turn It Up)". Coming from production hands of The-Dream, it was released in March with its proceeds being donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
will.i.am and Miley Cyrus also appear on the "worst" list. The former occupies the third place through his newly-released single "T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)" which features Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger, while the latter rounds up the top 5 with her cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
In the Billboard list, meanwhile, Nicki Minaj triumphs over strong competitor Adele who has to sit at the runner-up place with her ballad epic "Someone Like You". The rest of the top 5 are filled by Britney Spears ("Till The World Ends"), The Throne ("Ni***s in Paris"), and Kelly Rowland ("Motivation").
EW's Best Songs of the Year:
- "Super Bass" - Nicki Minaj
- "Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People
- "No Church in the Wild" - The Throne (Kanye West and Jay-Z) feat. Frank Ocean
- "Video Games" - Lana Del Rey
- "Countdown" - Beyonce Knowles
- "Romance" - Wild Flag
- "I Wanna Go" - Britney Spears
- "Brighter Than the Sun" - Colbie Caillat
- "Walk" - Foo Fighters
- "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)" - Kelly Clarkson
- "Jam (Turn It Up)" - Kim Kardashian
- "Leck Mich im Arsch" - Insane Clown Posse
- "T.H.E (The Hardest Ever)" - will.i.am ft. Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger
- "Shotgun" - Limp Bizkit
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" cover - Miley Cyrus
- "Super Bass" - Nicki Minaj
- "Someone Like You" - Adele
- "Till The World Ends" - Britney Spears
- "Ni***s in Paris" - The Throne (Kanye West and Jay-Z)
- "Motivation" - Kelly Rowland ft Lil Wayne
- "Novacane" - Frank Ocean
- "Holocene" - Bon Iver
- "The Edge Of Glory" - Lady GaGa
- "Look At Me Now" - Chris Brown
- "Rolling In The Deep" - Adele
More Nicki Minaj News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy