Video Premiere: Arcade Fire's 'Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)'
Arcade Fire once again release an interactive music video. After allowing fans to visit their own neighborhood through "We Used to Wait (The Wilderness Downtown)" experience, the band try to engage the fans by dropping a clip which can also be controlled by users at home.
Filmed for their single "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)", it features the band's female member Regine Chassagne enjoying one warm summer day while wearing headphones and prancing around the town. A number of people in the neighborhood show off their moves as well.
The special treat in the Vincent Morisset-directed video is that fans are able to control the movements of the people, who are faceless on the screen, by dancing in front of their webcam. For those who don't have a camera, they can still enjoy the Sprawl experience by simply using the mouse.
As if the interactive video is not enough, the Montreal band also premiere an invitation clip which sees them wearing massive paper-mache masks to conceal their faces. Wearing casual clothes for the warm weather, six members of the group are seen doing silly dance on the street.
"Oh hey guys, it's us, Arcade Fire, we just played our last show and we're dancing in the streets," Win Butler says. "But on a serious note, I know it's kind of late but we finally finished a video for 'Sprawl II' and here it is. 'Sprawl II,' hope you guys like it, but to make it work you kind of have to dance in front of your computer thing to make the thing work."
"Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" Invitation Video:
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture