Kobe Bryant and Wife of More Than 10 Years Have Both Filed for Divorce
Kobe Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, are heading to splitsville. The couple, who have been married for more than ten years, have both filed for divorce on Friday, December 16, their spokesman confirmed. Vanessa filed her petitions first on the afternoon, and Kobe followed with his minutes later.
Words are, the NBA star and his wife do not have a pre-nup, but their rep claimed they have resolved all issues regarding the divorce privately. The pair themselves have issued a joint statement about the split, which read, "We ask that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season, the public respect our privacy during this most difficult time."
Legal documents expose that Vanessa is seeking joint custody of their 2 daughters, 8-year-old Natalia and 5-year-old Gianna, but asks that Kobe get visitation rights. The 29-year-old also requests spousal support. In his response to his wife's divorce petitions, Kobe agrees to pay her spousal support.
According to TMZ, it was Vanessa who initiated the separation. The woman, who got married to Kobe in 2001 and stood by him when he was accused of sexual assault by a hotel employee in Colorado in 2003, reportedly believes that the Los Angeles Laker shooting guard has been unfaithful again.
"She's been dealing with these incidents for a long time and has been a faithful wife, but she's finally had enough. This one is the straw that broke the camel's back," so a source said. Other sources claimed that 33-year-old Kobe is desperate to win her back and will do "whatever it takes" to save their marriage.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous