Etta James Is 'Terminally Ill', Doctor Says
Etta James is gravely ill as the result of chronic leukemia. Her live-in doctor is asking prayers for the 73-year-old "At Last" singer, stating she was declared incurable two weeks ago and is now "terminally ill".
Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related to the 73-year-old entertainer, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that fans knew that she was sick, but not "how sick". The doctor who has moved in the singer's Riverside, California home since March 2010, is spreading the news about James' latest medical condition so that people will pray for James.
The ailing singer is now under 24-hour medical care and she can only communicate with mostly "uh-huhs" and "no's".
Court documents said that James was diagnosed with dementia and kidney failure as well. She was rushed to the hospital in May for blood poisoning caused by urinary tract infection.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family