Etta James Is 'Terminally Ill', Doctor Says
Etta James is gravely ill as the result of chronic leukemia. Her live-in doctor is asking prayers for the 73-year-old "At Last" singer, stating she was declared incurable two weeks ago and is now "terminally ill".
Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related to the 73-year-old entertainer, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that fans knew that she was sick, but not "how sick". The doctor who has moved in the singer's Riverside, California home since March 2010, is spreading the news about James' latest medical condition so that people will pray for James.
The ailing singer is now under 24-hour medical care and she can only communicate with mostly "uh-huhs" and "no's".
Court documents said that James was diagnosed with dementia and kidney failure as well. She was rushed to the hospital in May for blood poisoning caused by urinary tract infection.
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child