Etta James Is 'Terminally Ill', Doctor Says
Etta James is gravely ill as the result of chronic leukemia. Her live-in doctor is asking prayers for the 73-year-old "At Last" singer, stating she was declared incurable two weeks ago and is now "terminally ill".
Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related to the 73-year-old entertainer, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that fans knew that she was sick, but not "how sick". The doctor who has moved in the singer's Riverside, California home since March 2010, is spreading the news about James' latest medical condition so that people will pray for James.
The ailing singer is now under 24-hour medical care and she can only communicate with mostly "uh-huhs" and "no's".
Court documents said that James was diagnosed with dementia and kidney failure as well. She was rushed to the hospital in May for blood poisoning caused by urinary tract infection.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'