Etta James Is 'Terminally Ill', Doctor Says
Etta James is gravely ill as the result of chronic leukemia. Her live-in doctor is asking prayers for the 73-year-old "At Last" singer, stating she was declared incurable two weeks ago and is now "terminally ill".
Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related to the 73-year-old entertainer, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that fans knew that she was sick, but not "how sick". The doctor who has moved in the singer's Riverside, California home since March 2010, is spreading the news about James' latest medical condition so that people will pray for James.
The ailing singer is now under 24-hour medical care and she can only communicate with mostly "uh-huhs" and "no's".
Court documents said that James was diagnosed with dementia and kidney failure as well. She was rushed to the hospital in May for blood poisoning caused by urinary tract infection.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom