Etta James Is 'Terminally Ill', Doctor Says
Etta James is gravely ill as the result of chronic leukemia. Her live-in doctor is asking prayers for the 73-year-old "At Last" singer, stating she was declared incurable two weeks ago and is now "terminally ill".
Dr. Elaine James, who isn't related to the 73-year-old entertainer, told the Riverside Press-Enterprise that fans knew that she was sick, but not "how sick". The doctor who has moved in the singer's Riverside, California home since March 2010, is spreading the news about James' latest medical condition so that people will pray for James.
The ailing singer is now under 24-hour medical care and she can only communicate with mostly "uh-huhs" and "no's".
Court documents said that James was diagnosed with dementia and kidney failure as well. She was rushed to the hospital in May for blood poisoning caused by urinary tract infection.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle