Russell Brand Fronting New Kind of Talk Show on FX
Russell Brand will be channeling his jokes and thoughts on a new talk show presented by FX. The husband of Katy Perry has struck a deal with the network to headline a series of six half-hour late-night comedy specials which will debut next year.
Filmed in front of live audience, the show will see the British comedian's "unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture" and him drawing "heavily on interaction with that audience". "Flight of the Conchords" producer Troy Miller is working on the specials' format with Brand, and together they aim for Spring premiere.
"I am so excited I'm on the point of climax, in fact I will put the 'O' into FX, which spells Fox, which is actually the channel's real name," Brand said in a statement. "That's the only thing that worries me about all this to be honest. At least I'll be able to have a Christmas drink with Bill O'Reilly."
Brand also has a show over on FOX, voicing an animated comedy which he co-created. The show could be loosely focused on his notoriously hedonistic lifestyle in his 20s.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'