Russell Brand Fronting New Kind of Talk Show on FX
Russell Brand will be channeling his jokes and thoughts on a new talk show presented by FX. The husband of Katy Perry has struck a deal with the network to headline a series of six half-hour late-night comedy specials which will debut next year.
Filmed in front of live audience, the show will see the British comedian's "unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture" and him drawing "heavily on interaction with that audience". "Flight of the Conchords" producer Troy Miller is working on the specials' format with Brand, and together they aim for Spring premiere.
"I am so excited I'm on the point of climax, in fact I will put the 'O' into FX, which spells Fox, which is actually the channel's real name," Brand said in a statement. "That's the only thing that worries me about all this to be honest. At least I'll be able to have a Christmas drink with Bill O'Reilly."
Brand also has a show over on FOX, voicing an animated comedy which he co-created. The show could be loosely focused on his notoriously hedonistic lifestyle in his 20s.
More Russell Brand News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers