Russell Brand Fronting New Kind of Talk Show on FX
Russell Brand will be channeling his jokes and thoughts on a new talk show presented by FX. The husband of Katy Perry has struck a deal with the network to headline a series of six half-hour late-night comedy specials which will debut next year.
Filmed in front of live audience, the show will see the British comedian's "unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture" and him drawing "heavily on interaction with that audience". "Flight of the Conchords" producer Troy Miller is working on the specials' format with Brand, and together they aim for Spring premiere.
"I am so excited I'm on the point of climax, in fact I will put the 'O' into FX, which spells Fox, which is actually the channel's real name," Brand said in a statement. "That's the only thing that worries me about all this to be honest. At least I'll be able to have a Christmas drink with Bill O'Reilly."
Brand also has a show over on FOX, voicing an animated comedy which he co-created. The show could be loosely focused on his notoriously hedonistic lifestyle in his 20s.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy