Russell Brand Fronting New Kind of Talk Show on FX
Russell Brand will be channeling his jokes and thoughts on a new talk show presented by FX. The husband of Katy Perry has struck a deal with the network to headline a series of six half-hour late-night comedy specials which will debut next year.
Filmed in front of live audience, the show will see the British comedian's "unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture" and him drawing "heavily on interaction with that audience". "Flight of the Conchords" producer Troy Miller is working on the specials' format with Brand, and together they aim for Spring premiere.
"I am so excited I'm on the point of climax, in fact I will put the 'O' into FX, which spells Fox, which is actually the channel's real name," Brand said in a statement. "That's the only thing that worries me about all this to be honest. At least I'll be able to have a Christmas drink with Bill O'Reilly."
Brand also has a show over on FOX, voicing an animated comedy which he co-created. The show could be loosely focused on his notoriously hedonistic lifestyle in his 20s.
More Russell Brand News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special