Simon Cowell Promises to Kick Off Howard Stern If He Goes Too Far on 'AGT'
Simon Cowell assures parents that he won't let Howard Stern cross the line on "America's Got Talent". Seemingly responding to the Parents Television Council's concern over Stern's judging gig, the show's creator believes the shook jock is "not stupid" to enrage the group, but promises, "If he goes too far, he'll be kicked off."
Howie Mandel, who has joined as a judge on the reality series since 2010, also backs NBC's decision to hire Stern. Calling PTC "ignorant" for attacking the radio host, he claims, "It's ridiculous to think that he's bringing the Sirius show to 'America's Got Talent'."
After NBC officially announced Stern as the new "AGT" judge to replace Piers Morgan, PTC blasted both the network and the radio personality. "In an act of desperation by a flailing network, NBC has hired Howard Stern - a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity - as a judge on a prime-time talent competition," the group's president Tim Winter stated.
However, the Peacock's executive Paul Telegdy believes that "Howard Stern's larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America's Got Talent starting this summer." He further argued, "He's a proven innovator and his track record in broadcasting is truly remarkable. Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success."
Stern himself has dished on what people will see from him on the show. "I am going to tell you your kiddie has no talent...this nonsense of Howie and Sharon [Osbourne] putting through less than talented people has got to stop. Under my administration, there will be no Frank Sinatra impersonators winning," he gushed. "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but feelings are going to be hurt."
More America's Got Talent News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs