Simon Cowell Promises to Kick Off Howard Stern If He Goes Too Far on 'AGT'
Simon Cowell assures parents that he won't let Howard Stern cross the line on "America's Got Talent". Seemingly responding to the Parents Television Council's concern over Stern's judging gig, the show's creator believes the shook jock is "not stupid" to enrage the group, but promises, "If he goes too far, he'll be kicked off."
Howie Mandel, who has joined as a judge on the reality series since 2010, also backs NBC's decision to hire Stern. Calling PTC "ignorant" for attacking the radio host, he claims, "It's ridiculous to think that he's bringing the Sirius show to 'America's Got Talent'."
After NBC officially announced Stern as the new "AGT" judge to replace Piers Morgan, PTC blasted both the network and the radio personality. "In an act of desperation by a flailing network, NBC has hired Howard Stern - a performer who is synonymous with shock, profanity and obscenity - as a judge on a prime-time talent competition," the group's president Tim Winter stated.
However, the Peacock's executive Paul Telegdy believes that "Howard Stern's larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America's Got Talent starting this summer." He further argued, "He's a proven innovator and his track record in broadcasting is truly remarkable. Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success."
Stern himself has dished on what people will see from him on the show. "I am going to tell you your kiddie has no talent...this nonsense of Howie and Sharon [Osbourne] putting through less than talented people has got to stop. Under my administration, there will be no Frank Sinatra impersonators winning," he gushed. "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but feelings are going to be hurt."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story