Johnny Blaze Goes Wilder in New 'Ghost Rider 2' Trailer
The cursed stunt rider Johnny Blaze brings more actions in a brand new trailer for "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". In addition to unveiling some new action scenes, the freshly released sneak peek gives a better look at the villains, and how Blaze attempts to save a boy from becoming a demon.
Nicolas Cage reprises his role as Blaze a.k.a Ghost Rider in the anti-superhero movie. Still struggling with his curse as The Devil's bounty hunter, Blaze is hiding out in a remote part of Eastern Europe as he's recruited by a secret sect of the church to save a kid from The Devil. At first, Blaze is reluctant to embrace the power of the Ghost Rider, but it is the only way to protect the boy and possibly to rid himself of his curse forever.
Filmmaker duo Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor serve as the director for "Ghost Rider 2". The two promised to bring a very dark story in the upcoming sequel to 2007's "Ghost Rider" despite the PG-13 rating given to the film. Taylor said at a panel in NYCC last October, "There's a lot of fire. That's a really good trick for directors who are trying to make really violent PG-13. You can burn people all you want!"
Neveldine added, "Do you really need to have tits and F-bombs in a 'Ghost Rider' movie? We got a couple of F-bombs, and our body count is huge in this movie. It's just that you don't see blood, because this guy kills you with Penance Stares and he tears you apart into ashes."
To arrive in theaters nationwide on February 17, 2012, "Ghost Rider 2" is also supported by Ciaran Hinds as The Devil, Johnny Whitworth as antagonist Blackout, Idris Elba as Moreau and Fergus Riordan as Danny.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics