'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Canceled After Nine Seasons
The end of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" season 9 will also mark the series finale. ABC has announced that it cancels the long-running reality show after the current ninth season concludes with the 200th episode.
"It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one," designer Michael Moloney, who has been participating in providing home renovations on the show, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I have 'EM:HE' to thank for the platform I have to continue doing good work and great design in 2012 and on."
The finale is set to air on Friday, January 13 at 8-10 P.M. ET, featuring the biggest-ever build in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri. After that, however, ABC will air "EM:HE" four special episodes.
The "Extreme Makeover" spin-off struggles to gain viewers after it's moved to Fridays this year, competing against FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares" and CBS' "A Gifted Man" among others. Its latest episode only drew 5.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demography.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years