'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Canceled After Nine Seasons
The end of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" season 9 will also mark the series finale. ABC has announced that it cancels the long-running reality show after the current ninth season concludes with the 200th episode.
"It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one," designer Michael Moloney, who has been participating in providing home renovations on the show, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I have 'EM:HE' to thank for the platform I have to continue doing good work and great design in 2012 and on."
The finale is set to air on Friday, January 13 at 8-10 P.M. ET, featuring the biggest-ever build in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri. After that, however, ABC will air "EM:HE" four special episodes.
The "Extreme Makeover" spin-off struggles to gain viewers after it's moved to Fridays this year, competing against FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares" and CBS' "A Gifted Man" among others. Its latest episode only drew 5.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demography.
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday