'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Canceled After Nine Seasons
The end of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" season 9 will also mark the series finale. ABC has announced that it cancels the long-running reality show after the current ninth season concludes with the 200th episode.
"It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one," designer Michael Moloney, who has been participating in providing home renovations on the show, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I have 'EM:HE' to thank for the platform I have to continue doing good work and great design in 2012 and on."
The finale is set to air on Friday, January 13 at 8-10 P.M. ET, featuring the biggest-ever build in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri. After that, however, ABC will air "EM:HE" four special episodes.
The "Extreme Makeover" spin-off struggles to gain viewers after it's moved to Fridays this year, competing against FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares" and CBS' "A Gifted Man" among others. Its latest episode only drew 5.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demography.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser