'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Canceled After Nine Seasons
The end of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" season 9 will also mark the series finale. ABC has announced that it cancels the long-running reality show after the current ninth season concludes with the 200th episode.
"It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one," designer Michael Moloney, who has been participating in providing home renovations on the show, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I have 'EM:HE' to thank for the platform I have to continue doing good work and great design in 2012 and on."
The finale is set to air on Friday, January 13 at 8-10 P.M. ET, featuring the biggest-ever build in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri. After that, however, ABC will air "EM:HE" four special episodes.
The "Extreme Makeover" spin-off struggles to gain viewers after it's moved to Fridays this year, competing against FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares" and CBS' "A Gifted Man" among others. Its latest episode only drew 5.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demography.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21