'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' Canceled After Nine Seasons
The end of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" season 9 will also mark the series finale. ABC has announced that it cancels the long-running reality show after the current ninth season concludes with the 200th episode.
"It is with a somber heart I close this chapter, but with such excitement I begin the next one," designer Michael Moloney, who has been participating in providing home renovations on the show, said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "I have 'EM:HE' to thank for the platform I have to continue doing good work and great design in 2012 and on."
The finale is set to air on Friday, January 13 at 8-10 P.M. ET, featuring the biggest-ever build in which the team builds 7 homes in 7 days for tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri. After that, however, ABC will air "EM:HE" four special episodes.
The "Extreme Makeover" spin-off struggles to gain viewers after it's moved to Fridays this year, competing against FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares" and CBS' "A Gifted Man" among others. Its latest episode only drew 5.1 million viewers and a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demography.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit