Adam Lambert Reveals 'Better Than I Know Myself' Cover Art and Snippet
Adam Lambert is gearing up to release his brand new single titled "Better Than I Know Myself". To tide his fans over until the official release of the song, the "Whataya Want from Me" hitmaker has unveiled its cover art and short snippet on his official Twitter page.
In the artwork, Lambert is seen rocking his trademark edgy look. In the snippet, the 29-year-old singer who claimed his fame after finishing second on the eighth season of "American Idol" belts out the pop/rock tune in his signature powerful voice.
"If I wanted to go, I would've gone by now/ But I really need you near me, to keep my mind off the edge," the Grammy-nominated singer bares his heart out. "If I wanted to leave, I would've left by now/ But you're the only one that knows me, better than I know myself."
The song has long come out in a form of a demo. Rumor has it, it's written by Claude Kelly and produced by Dr. Luke. Its official version will be released before the end of the year. "Better Than I Know Myself drops on December 20th! avail on all digital music providers. Happy Holidays!!" Lambert tweeted.
He will follow up the song release by dropping a new album "Trespassing" in spring 2012. A song called "Outlaws of Love", which he performed at Le Festival Ste-Agathe en Feux in Quebec, Canada last summer, is expected to be included in the upcoming CD.
Talking about the whole content in the album, Lambert gushed in an interview, "It's going to let people underneath my facade a little bit - a self-created and totally admitted facade." He explains, "I'm trying to convey to my audience that you really can't judge a book by its cover, and there's more to the universe than you can see with your eyes. It's like existential pop."
In a separate occasion, he dished on, "There's party music, sex music, f**ked-up-relationship S&M music, But every song explores something real." He will switch from glam pop music to club-sounding tune which takes inspiration from "classic disco, Nineties electronica and Skrillex-y dubstep."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death