Giuliana Rancic Already Cracking Jokes the Morning After Double Mastectomy
Giuliana Rancic is in great spirits the morning after she underwent successful double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Offering updates on the E! News co-host's post-surgery condition was husband Bill Rancic, who revealed on Wednesday, December 14 that she has already been "cracking jokes".
"G is doing really well," the 40-year-old informed E!. "Her surgery lasted about four hours and the doctors were very pleased with the result." He went on to share that his TV personality wife "had a little bit of pain through the night but is feeling much better this morning and was cracking jokes."
The star of "Giuliana and Bill" herself has a message for her fans and other supporters. "I want to thank all the viewers and fans for their support and prayers," she said. "The tweets and notes have not gone unnoticed. I am very grateful."
Giuliana announced her decision to undergo a double masectomy to eradicate her breast cancer on a December 5 edition of the "Today" show. With Bill by her side, the "Fashion Police" co-host said, "For me, it was important to get the cancer out." She added, "I hope for a full recovery by New Year's Eve. We're planning to be in Times Square!"
Before the Tuesday, December 13 surgery, the 37-year-old shared her fears about the double mastectomy. She told Us Weekly at the time, "[I'm scared] just of the unknown. I've never been through anything like this. I'm scared of waking up and the pain. I do hear it's a painful recovery, so I worry about that."
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation