Giuliana Rancic Already Cracking Jokes the Morning After Double Mastectomy
Giuliana Rancic is in great spirits the morning after she underwent successful double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Offering updates on the E! News co-host's post-surgery condition was husband Bill Rancic, who revealed on Wednesday, December 14 that she has already been "cracking jokes".
"G is doing really well," the 40-year-old informed E!. "Her surgery lasted about four hours and the doctors were very pleased with the result." He went on to share that his TV personality wife "had a little bit of pain through the night but is feeling much better this morning and was cracking jokes."
The star of "Giuliana and Bill" herself has a message for her fans and other supporters. "I want to thank all the viewers and fans for their support and prayers," she said. "The tweets and notes have not gone unnoticed. I am very grateful."
Giuliana announced her decision to undergo a double masectomy to eradicate her breast cancer on a December 5 edition of the "Today" show. With Bill by her side, the "Fashion Police" co-host said, "For me, it was important to get the cancer out." She added, "I hope for a full recovery by New Year's Eve. We're planning to be in Times Square!"
Before the Tuesday, December 13 surgery, the 37-year-old shared her fears about the double mastectomy. She told Us Weekly at the time, "[I'm scared] just of the unknown. I've never been through anything like this. I'm scared of waking up and the pain. I do hear it's a painful recovery, so I worry about that."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed