Giuliana Rancic Already Cracking Jokes the Morning After Double Mastectomy
Giuliana Rancic is in great spirits the morning after she underwent successful double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Offering updates on the E! News co-host's post-surgery condition was husband Bill Rancic, who revealed on Wednesday, December 14 that she has already been "cracking jokes".
"G is doing really well," the 40-year-old informed E!. "Her surgery lasted about four hours and the doctors were very pleased with the result." He went on to share that his TV personality wife "had a little bit of pain through the night but is feeling much better this morning and was cracking jokes."
The star of "Giuliana and Bill" herself has a message for her fans and other supporters. "I want to thank all the viewers and fans for their support and prayers," she said. "The tweets and notes have not gone unnoticed. I am very grateful."
Giuliana announced her decision to undergo a double masectomy to eradicate her breast cancer on a December 5 edition of the "Today" show. With Bill by her side, the "Fashion Police" co-host said, "For me, it was important to get the cancer out." She added, "I hope for a full recovery by New Year's Eve. We're planning to be in Times Square!"
Before the Tuesday, December 13 surgery, the 37-year-old shared her fears about the double mastectomy. She told Us Weekly at the time, "[I'm scared] just of the unknown. I've never been through anything like this. I'm scared of waking up and the pain. I do hear it's a painful recovery, so I worry about that."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off