Kim Kardashian Splurges on Elizabeth Taylor's Bracelets at Auction
Kim Kardashian turns out to be one of those involved in a bidding war for Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry collection during an auction at Christie's in New York. The estranged wife of Kris Humphries outbid others in securing the legendary actress' jade and diamond Lorraine Schwartz bracelets by shelling out a reported $65,000.
Lorraine told Forbes although Kim initially was going to buy the white, black and lavender bangles directly from her, she really wanted the ones owned by Liz. "She loved those bangles for a long time," said the Los Angeles jewelry designer. "She bought them because they're Elizabeth's."
Kim herself, who interviewed Liz for a magazine shortly before her death, expressed her belief in the power of Jade. She said by phone, "If you have a piece of jade, the energy goes into the piece and you absorb the energy. So I can feel Elizabeth in the piece." She went on to say, "Elizabeth Taylor is iconic. She is my idol and my icon."
It was earlier reported that the auction of Liz's jewels collection has brought in a record-breaking $116 million at the auction. It broken the record for a single-owner jewelry collection and set new ones for pearls, colorless diamonds and Indian jewels among others since the jewels were sold many times their estimates. The bracelet bought by Kim was actually expected to sell for up to $8,000.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal