Kim Kardashian Splurges on Elizabeth Taylor's Bracelets at Auction
Kim Kardashian turns out to be one of those involved in a bidding war for Elizabeth Taylor's jewelry collection during an auction at Christie's in New York. The estranged wife of Kris Humphries outbid others in securing the legendary actress' jade and diamond Lorraine Schwartz bracelets by shelling out a reported $65,000.
Lorraine told Forbes although Kim initially was going to buy the white, black and lavender bangles directly from her, she really wanted the ones owned by Liz. "She loved those bangles for a long time," said the Los Angeles jewelry designer. "She bought them because they're Elizabeth's."
Kim herself, who interviewed Liz for a magazine shortly before her death, expressed her belief in the power of Jade. She said by phone, "If you have a piece of jade, the energy goes into the piece and you absorb the energy. So I can feel Elizabeth in the piece." She went on to say, "Elizabeth Taylor is iconic. She is my idol and my icon."
It was earlier reported that the auction of Liz's jewels collection has brought in a record-breaking $116 million at the auction. It broken the record for a single-owner jewelry collection and set new ones for pearls, colorless diamonds and Indian jewels among others since the jewels were sold many times their estimates. The bracelet bought by Kim was actually expected to sell for up to $8,000.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii