Paris Jackson: Wearing Mask in Public Gives Me Chance to Be Normal
Though finding it weird having to wear a mask when she was younger, Paris Jackson credits it for giving her a regular childhood. The teen daughter of Michael Jackson opened up about life with the late King of Pop when making her first ever solo interview on a Thursday, December 15 episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
During the chat, the 13-year-old told host Ellen DeGeneres she has a regular childhood despite her father's fame. "I mean, I'm treated the same. When I came to [my school,] they didn't know who I was. I was like, yes, I have a chance to be normal," she said before Ellen noted, "They didn't know who you were because you used to wear masks all the time."
When Ellen asked her if she had ever thought that wearing the mask was weird, she responded, "Yeah, I'm, like, this is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?" She, however, was quick to explain, "But I kind of realized the older I got, [my dad] only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too."
Paris, who was brought in to fill in for Lindsay Lohan after the actress missed her flight to Los Angeles from Hawaii, also talked about the most memorable thing her late father told her. She shared, "He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.' I took his advice, and I remembered everything he told me."
The teen has recently landed a role in "Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys". During the sit-down, she admitted that she knew she wants to act from early age. "My dad was in the movie 'Moonwalker' and I knew he could sing really well but I didn't know he could act," she said. "I saw that and I said, wow, I want to be just like him."
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen