Paris Jackson: Wearing Mask in Public Gives Me Chance to Be Normal
Though finding it weird having to wear a mask when she was younger, Paris Jackson credits it for giving her a regular childhood. The teen daughter of Michael Jackson opened up about life with the late King of Pop when making her first ever solo interview on a Thursday, December 15 episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
During the chat, the 13-year-old told host Ellen DeGeneres she has a regular childhood despite her father's fame. "I mean, I'm treated the same. When I came to [my school,] they didn't know who I was. I was like, yes, I have a chance to be normal," she said before Ellen noted, "They didn't know who you were because you used to wear masks all the time."
When Ellen asked her if she had ever thought that wearing the mask was weird, she responded, "Yeah, I'm, like, this is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?" She, however, was quick to explain, "But I kind of realized the older I got, [my dad] only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too."
Paris, who was brought in to fill in for Lindsay Lohan after the actress missed her flight to Los Angeles from Hawaii, also talked about the most memorable thing her late father told her. She shared, "He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.' I took his advice, and I remembered everything he told me."
The teen has recently landed a role in "Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys". During the sit-down, she admitted that she knew she wants to act from early age. "My dad was in the movie 'Moonwalker' and I knew he could sing really well but I didn't know he could act," she said. "I saw that and I said, wow, I want to be just like him."
More Michael Jackson News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'