John Rhode Is 'The Biggest Loser' Season 12 Winner
John Rhode is "The Biggest Loser: Battle of the Ages" champion. The 41-year-old special education teacher and football coach took home the $250,000 grand prize on the season 12 finale aired on Tuesday, December 13.
On the determining night, Rhode and the two finalists, Antone Davis and Ramon Medeiros, were weighed for the last time to determine the winner. Starting the show at 445 lbs, Rhode has lost 220 lbs which is 49.44% of initial weight.
Former NFL player Davis was placed second, losing 202 lbs or 45.19% of his starting weight 447 lbs. Coming in third, Medeiros lost 154 lbs or 43.38% his initial weight 355 lbs.
Also announced that night was the winner of at-home challenge for the eliminated contestants. Making it to the final three were Vinny Hickerson, Patrick Ferrari and Jennifer Rumple, with Jennifer taking home the $100,000 prize. She lost 145 lbs or 43.94% of her initial weight 330 lbs.
"The Biggest Loser" will start the thirteenth cycle on January 3, 2012. Anna Kournikova, who joined as a trainer this season, will not return on the NBC reality show next year, but Dolvett Quince will be back for his second season.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut