First Official Images From 'Great Gatsby' Bring Back Classy '20s Era
Warner Bros. Pictures has unleashed first two official stills from Baz Luhrmann's high-profile drama "The Great Gatsby". One of the freshly released images shows the film's lead actors Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan and Joel Edgerton hanging out in what looks like a classy vintage party.
In the image, all three male stars look sleek in their suits, while Mulligan brings in the glam with her '20s-style dress. Another photo, in the meantime, sees Mulligan resting her head on DiCaprio's chest. Wearing a bandana on her head, the actress closes her eyes as she seemingly seeks solace in his embrace.
Based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, "Great Gatsby" tells the story of Nick Carraway (Maguire), a young man from Minnesota who moves to New York in the spring of 1922 to learn about the bond business. Chasing his own American dream, Carraway lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby (DiCaprio), and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy (Mulligan) and her blue-blooded husband Tom Buchanan (Edgerton).
Carraway is thus drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As the young man bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to modern times and struggles.
Currently filming in Australia, the movie is slated for a December 25, 2012 release in the U.S. Aside from tackling the directorial duty, Luhrmann co-writes and co-produces the drama, which reportedly costs an estimated $150 million to produce. Also supporting the upcoming film are Isla Fisher, Gemma Ward, Callan McAuliffe, Jason Clarke and Bollywood veteran Amitabh Bachchan.
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot