Actress Nikki Blonsky Proud of Working in a Beauty Parlor
Nikki Blonsky was photographed sweeping hair off the floor of a salon in Long Island and soon people assumed that she was out of job in Hollywood. The 23-year-old actress quickly tweeted a defensive explanation of why she ends up in a beauty parlor instead of a movie set.
"Its true. I'm working at Superstar Salon as a makeup artist and more. I'm proud to be working and helping pay bills but I'll NEVER lose sight of my dreams," Blonsky tweeted. She added, "Just cause Im part time workin doesnt mean Im gonna give up on my dreams n dont give up on urs I might book something big soon keep positive."
Blonsky was found by talent searcher four years ago in an ice cream parlor in her hometown. After starring in musical movie, "Hairspray", she scored a role in ABC Family's "Huge" which unfortunately was canceled after one season. She recently earned her cosmetology license.
"I was so surprised today when I showed up at Superstar to get my makeup done and it turned out to be Nikki Blonsky applying it," wrote one woman on the Superstar Hairstylists' Facebook page. "She did a great job and I really look like a SUPERSTAR. Thanks to all the wonderful staff and I wish all the best to their newest employee cosmetologist Nikki Blonsky."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl