Exclusive Clip: All-American Rejects Salute Taylor Swift at CMT Artist of the Year
CMT Artists of the Year 2011 special will not air until Tuesday night, December 13, but AceShowbiz has got a special sneak peek at the gala dinner which took place in Nashville. It previews some live performances at the event including a special tribute dedicated to Taylor Swift by The All-American Rejects.
"I know that The All-American Rejects are doing one of my songs, doing sort of like a different version of it, so I'm really excited to see what they do. I'm a big fan of that band," Taylor gushed. Her song "Mean" will be mashed up by the band with their own track called "Gives You Hell".
The other performer for the night was Lady Antebellum. "We're playing a new song off our new record 'Dancin' Away with My Heart'," Dave Haywood dished on before adding that they planned "to perform it just acoustic, keep it very straight and simple, just the way we wrote the song."
CMT Artists of the Year is an extravagant celebration honoring the achievements and highlights of five country music superstars Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley and Taylor Swift. Hosted by actor Rob Lowe, it will also sees the likes of Lionel Richie, Gavin DeGraw and Joe Walsh in attendance.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story