The Duggars Set Memorial Service Date for Miscarried Baby Girl
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have planned a memorial service for their unborn child. The stars of "19 Kids and Counting" announced on Monday, December 12 that they will hold the memorial for the baby girl they have named Jubilee Shalom Duggar on Wednesday, December 14.
Though it is still unclear where the memorial will take place, it is intended to be for the Duggar's family members and friends. It won't be the first service for Jubilee Shalom since a private service had been held in the family's home on late Sunday, December 11, just three days after they learned that Michelle suffered a miscarriage in the second trimester.
Sharing his thought about the loss, patriarch Jim Bob Duggar told PEOPLE, "We have had many tears today. This is life, and I understand that we are going though something that many others have." He added, "You think about the what-ifs, but God gives us strength to go on."
The 46-year-old continued, "We won't be able to see this child's life and the phases that we've seen for our other children, but we know we will see this child in heaven one day. We are thankful for each child, and we are blessed to have the children we have here and the ones we will meet someday in heaven."
The family also took to their official Website to thank fans and well-wishers. "On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love," their letter read. "We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently."
"As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group