The Duggars Set Memorial Service Date for Miscarried Baby Girl
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have planned a memorial service for their unborn child. The stars of "19 Kids and Counting" announced on Monday, December 12 that they will hold the memorial for the baby girl they have named Jubilee Shalom Duggar on Wednesday, December 14.
Though it is still unclear where the memorial will take place, it is intended to be for the Duggar's family members and friends. It won't be the first service for Jubilee Shalom since a private service had been held in the family's home on late Sunday, December 11, just three days after they learned that Michelle suffered a miscarriage in the second trimester.
Sharing his thought about the loss, patriarch Jim Bob Duggar told PEOPLE, "We have had many tears today. This is life, and I understand that we are going though something that many others have." He added, "You think about the what-ifs, but God gives us strength to go on."
The 46-year-old continued, "We won't be able to see this child's life and the phases that we've seen for our other children, but we know we will see this child in heaven one day. We are thankful for each child, and we are blessed to have the children we have here and the ones we will meet someday in heaven."
The family also took to their official Website to thank fans and well-wishers. "On behalf of the whole Duggar Family we would like to thank everyone for their prayers, emails and outpouring of love," their letter read. "We discovered during a routine 19-week ultrasound that our 20th child, who was due in April 2012, passed away recently."
"As our whole family is grieving, we also know that God promises to work all things for good in our lives. We rest in knowing, that even though our child has departed this life that we will one day see each other again in heaven."
More 19 Kids and Counting News
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors