Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig Steal Spotlight at 'Dragon Tattoo' U.K. Premiere
The highly anticipated macabre thriller "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" has been premiered in London on Monday night, December 12. The film's lead actors Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig stole the spotlight as they arrived at the special screening that was held at the Odeon Leicester Square.
Ditching her dark and gloomy image as Lisbeth Salander, Rooney became the belle of the ball on the red carpet with her classy look. The 26-year-old actress looked dazzling in a long lace and chiffon backless white dress that she paired with Brian Atwood sandals. She swept back her dark hair into an elegant bun and put a natural make-up on her face.
Daniel, meanwhile, oozed masculinity in a black suit paired with matching leather shoes. The actor playing journalist Mikael Blomkvist finished off his look with a thick black leather jacket. He was, at some points, seen striking some poses together with Rooney for the swarming cameramen.
Both Rooney and Daniel were joined by some other cast members on the red carpet. Geraldine James was spotted wearing a gorgeous maxi dress paired with a yellow shawl, while Joely Richardson was snapped donning an eye-catching scaly dress. Male co-stars Stellan Skarsgard and Steven Berkoff, as well as director David Fincher were also seen among the attendees.
Celebrity guests spotted that night include English stars like Roberta Howett who looked daring in red dress, Aimee Kearsley who brought colors with animal print tube dress, Anara Atanes who kept it simple in a dark maxi gown, and Jessica Martin who looked pretty in a gray dress. Singer Matt Cardle and girlfriend Sarah Robinson were the other guests at the event.
Based on Stieg Larsson's best-selling crime thriller trilogy "The Millenium Series", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" follows the mystery surrounding the long-unsolved disappearance of an heiress. A journalist recently dinged by a libel case and a young female hacker try to resolve it, stirring up bundles of personal and industrial corruption along the way. The film will be released in the U.S. on December 21.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris