American Airlines NOT Pulling '30 Rock' Because of Alec Baldwin
"30 Rock" is indeed not airing on some of American Airlines flights, but it has nothing to do with Alec Baldwin's hissy fit last week. Clearing up rumor surrounding the removal of the comedy series from its inflight entertainment line-up, a representative to AA said, "At this time, '30 Rock' continues to air on some of our flights, but not others, which is our standard programming procedure."
"NBC routinely rotates programs on and off what is offered on board, and not all programming is the same on every flight," the rep explained. Affirming that this move was not made due to the incident involving Baldwin, the rep added, "All this was in motion months ago, as part of our regular entertain[ment] rotations."
Previously, E! Online reported that American Airlines Flight Attendants Union have inquired into AA's management to get the Tina Fey-created show yanked off the flights following Baldwin's hissy fit on a flight last week. On this matter, the AA rep stated, "There have been some discussions about all this, but I don't know that we can call this a 'formal' request."
Baldwin was booted off an AA flight on Tuesday, December 6 for playing Words with Friends while parked at the gate, so the actor's representative explained. The Jack Donaghy of "30 Rock" later issued a sarcastic apology and took a jab at his removal through his appearance on "Saturday Night Live" skit.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money