American Airlines NOT Pulling '30 Rock' Because of Alec Baldwin
"30 Rock" is indeed not airing on some of American Airlines flights, but it has nothing to do with Alec Baldwin's hissy fit last week. Clearing up rumor surrounding the removal of the comedy series from its inflight entertainment line-up, a representative to AA said, "At this time, '30 Rock' continues to air on some of our flights, but not others, which is our standard programming procedure."
"NBC routinely rotates programs on and off what is offered on board, and not all programming is the same on every flight," the rep explained. Affirming that this move was not made due to the incident involving Baldwin, the rep added, "All this was in motion months ago, as part of our regular entertain[ment] rotations."
Previously, E! Online reported that American Airlines Flight Attendants Union have inquired into AA's management to get the Tina Fey-created show yanked off the flights following Baldwin's hissy fit on a flight last week. On this matter, the AA rep stated, "There have been some discussions about all this, but I don't know that we can call this a 'formal' request."
Baldwin was booted off an AA flight on Tuesday, December 6 for playing Words with Friends while parked at the gate, so the actor's representative explained. The Jack Donaghy of "30 Rock" later issued a sarcastic apology and took a jab at his removal through his appearance on "Saturday Night Live" skit.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think