American Airlines NOT Pulling '30 Rock' Because of Alec Baldwin
"30 Rock" is indeed not airing on some of American Airlines flights, but it has nothing to do with Alec Baldwin's hissy fit last week. Clearing up rumor surrounding the removal of the comedy series from its inflight entertainment line-up, a representative to AA said, "At this time, '30 Rock' continues to air on some of our flights, but not others, which is our standard programming procedure."
"NBC routinely rotates programs on and off what is offered on board, and not all programming is the same on every flight," the rep explained. Affirming that this move was not made due to the incident involving Baldwin, the rep added, "All this was in motion months ago, as part of our regular entertain[ment] rotations."
Previously, E! Online reported that American Airlines Flight Attendants Union have inquired into AA's management to get the Tina Fey-created show yanked off the flights following Baldwin's hissy fit on a flight last week. On this matter, the AA rep stated, "There have been some discussions about all this, but I don't know that we can call this a 'formal' request."
Baldwin was booted off an AA flight on Tuesday, December 6 for playing Words with Friends while parked at the gate, so the actor's representative explained. The Jack Donaghy of "30 Rock" later issued a sarcastic apology and took a jab at his removal through his appearance on "Saturday Night Live" skit.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media