Barry Manilow to Spend Six Weeks Recovering From Hip Muscle Repair
Barry Manilow has just performed his 1,000th Las Vegas show, but has to put off celebration due to his hip. On Monday, December 12, the 68-year-old singer underwent surgery to repair torn abductor muscles and to have bursas removed in both hips the next day, and will have to spend six weeks recovering.
The "Mandy" singer shared news of the surgery in his website, "The only bummer is that on Monday morning, right after the last Las Vegas show, I go into the hospital for another operation on my poor messed up hips." He then clarified, "It's not hip replacement - never has been."
"I seem to have ripped the abductor muscles on both hips and messed up my bursas. (Sounds like a good title for a song!)," he continued on explaining. "After the surgery, the Doctors told me it will take three weeks before I can walk and then another three weeks to recover."
Barry's spokeswoman Annie Jeeves confirmed that the Grammy winner had the surgery at a Los Angeles hospital a day after he ended his seven-year run at the Las Vegas Hilton and the Paris Resort on Sunday. The singer himself said in a statement, "That's what you get when you jump around to 'Copacabana' for 30 years! Wish me luck!"
Barry is scheduled to make a return to the stage with three concerts at The Chicago Theater on February 2 to 4. He will follow them up with four concerts at Radio City Music Hall in New York from February 10 to 14.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones