Scarlett Johansson Talks Possibility of Solo Movie for Black Widow
Scarlett Johansson hasn't yet to be seen as Natasha Romanoff in "The Avengers", but she has already talked about a possibility of her character getting a solo movie. Speaking to Superhero Hype, the 27-year-old actress revealed it is possible that producer Kevin Paige would greenlight her own Black Widow film.
"I love playing the Widow. I think she's got a very interesting past, a lot of storylines to explore, and certainly Kevin loves the character," she said. "I think that Marvel has a very personal relationship with their fans, and I think if the fans want it, and the audience wants it, nothing's impossible."
The former spouse of actor Ryan Reynolds added, "I would love to explore that option as well. Like I said, I love the character and it would be nice to see something nice and gritty." When asked if she will appear in "Iron Man 3", she replied, "I've heard nothing. You know how it goes. Sometimes two days before, it's like 'And here's your next mission.' I have no idea."
After tackling Black Widow in "Iron Man 2", Johansson will be seen once again as the heroine when "Avengers" is opened wide in theaters across the United States on May 4, 2012. Before that, she is set to star opposite Matt Damon in "We Bought a Zoo", which is set to come out nationwide on December 23, 2011.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch