Artist of the Week: Chris Young
Chris Young's star shone on December 5 during the second annual American Country Awards. The country music crooner, who claimed his fame after winning the fourth season of talent show "Nashville Star", brought home not just one but two coveted prizes.
The 26-year-old Tennessee native, who already has had four No. 1 singles under his belt, grabbed two ACA guitar-shaped trophies for Single of the Year and Breakthrough Artist of the Year. He won the former kudo through her single "Voices" which peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Country Songs.
Chris was presented with the award by Lauren Alaina and Bill Engvall, and celebrated it by making a live performance. Beating Billy Currington, Tim McGraw, Thompson Square and Zac Brown Band, he credited his fans, "You guys are why we're up here."
Chris collected his second prize by pushing aside such competitors as Eric Church, Eli Young Band, Justin Moore and Jake Owen. "I had a blast tonight! I am so thankful for my amazing fans for their support and votes and am thrilled to accept this award," he enthused.
Chris actually got three nominations at the prize-giving event hosted by Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth. The only nod that he failed to bring home was Single of the Year by a Male Artist which was handed to Blake Shelton that Monday night.
Having so much blessing this year, Chris is going to celebrate holiday by giving back to the community. He becomes a sponsor for a special holiday tree to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It marks his second consecutive year being involved in the good cause.
"During my visit to St. Jude I met some incredible little kids who were fighting for their lives," said Chris. "I hope my fans will enjoy the NEON tree and help me raise funds for St. Jude to support its lifesaving mission."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video