Artist of the Week: Chris Young
Chris Young's star shone on December 5 during the second annual American Country Awards. The country music crooner, who claimed his fame after winning the fourth season of talent show "Nashville Star", brought home not just one but two coveted prizes.
The 26-year-old Tennessee native, who already has had four No. 1 singles under his belt, grabbed two ACA guitar-shaped trophies for Single of the Year and Breakthrough Artist of the Year. He won the former kudo through her single "Voices" which peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Country Songs.
Chris was presented with the award by Lauren Alaina and Bill Engvall, and celebrated it by making a live performance. Beating Billy Currington, Tim McGraw, Thompson Square and Zac Brown Band, he credited his fans, "You guys are why we're up here."
Chris collected his second prize by pushing aside such competitors as Eric Church, Eli Young Band, Justin Moore and Jake Owen. "I had a blast tonight! I am so thankful for my amazing fans for their support and votes and am thrilled to accept this award," he enthused.
Chris actually got three nominations at the prize-giving event hosted by Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth. The only nod that he failed to bring home was Single of the Year by a Male Artist which was handed to Blake Shelton that Monday night.
Having so much blessing this year, Chris is going to celebrate holiday by giving back to the community. He becomes a sponsor for a special holiday tree to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It marks his second consecutive year being involved in the good cause.
"During my visit to St. Jude I met some incredible little kids who were fighting for their lives," said Chris. "I hope my fans will enjoy the NEON tree and help me raise funds for St. Jude to support its lifesaving mission."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy