'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser: Stannis Claims His Right to the Iron Throne
Stannis Baratheon will stop at nothing to claim the Iron Throne, so it's hinted in the newly released promo for "Game of Thrones" season 2. Claiming that the powerful position is his right, the brother of late King Robert Baratheon declares, "They will bend the knee, or I will destroy them."
Also in the teaser, fans can get a glimpse of returning characters Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon, who now sits on the throne. With his chilling voice, Stephen Dillane's Stannis says toward the end of the video, "The cold winds are rising."
Stannis won't be alone in his quest to claim the throne for Melisandre, who will be played by Carice van Houten, will provide advice to him. Stannis will also enlist help from Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), a former smuggler, in his effort to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
The new season of "Game of Thrones" will debut in April 2012. The show was recently announced as one of Top TV Programs of the Year by the American Film Institute (AFI).
More Game of Thrones News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video