'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser: Stannis Claims His Right to the Iron Throne
Stannis Baratheon will stop at nothing to claim the Iron Throne, so it's hinted in the newly released promo for "Game of Thrones" season 2. Claiming that the powerful position is his right, the brother of late King Robert Baratheon declares, "They will bend the knee, or I will destroy them."
Also in the teaser, fans can get a glimpse of returning characters Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon, who now sits on the throne. With his chilling voice, Stephen Dillane's Stannis says toward the end of the video, "The cold winds are rising."
Stannis won't be alone in his quest to claim the throne for Melisandre, who will be played by Carice van Houten, will provide advice to him. Stannis will also enlist help from Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), a former smuggler, in his effort to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
The new season of "Game of Thrones" will debut in April 2012. The show was recently announced as one of Top TV Programs of the Year by the American Film Institute (AFI).
More Game of Thrones News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney