'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser: Stannis Claims His Right to the Iron Throne
Stannis Baratheon will stop at nothing to claim the Iron Throne, so it's hinted in the newly released promo for "Game of Thrones" season 2. Claiming that the powerful position is his right, the brother of late King Robert Baratheon declares, "They will bend the knee, or I will destroy them."
Also in the teaser, fans can get a glimpse of returning characters Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon, who now sits on the throne. With his chilling voice, Stephen Dillane's Stannis says toward the end of the video, "The cold winds are rising."
Stannis won't be alone in his quest to claim the throne for Melisandre, who will be played by Carice van Houten, will provide advice to him. Stannis will also enlist help from Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), a former smuggler, in his effort to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
The new season of "Game of Thrones" will debut in April 2012. The show was recently announced as one of Top TV Programs of the Year by the American Film Institute (AFI).
More Game of Thrones News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media