'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser: Stannis Claims His Right to the Iron Throne
Stannis Baratheon will stop at nothing to claim the Iron Throne, so it's hinted in the newly released promo for "Game of Thrones" season 2. Claiming that the powerful position is his right, the brother of late King Robert Baratheon declares, "They will bend the knee, or I will destroy them."
Also in the teaser, fans can get a glimpse of returning characters Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Tyrion Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon, who now sits on the throne. With his chilling voice, Stephen Dillane's Stannis says toward the end of the video, "The cold winds are rising."
Stannis won't be alone in his quest to claim the throne for Melisandre, who will be played by Carice van Houten, will provide advice to him. Stannis will also enlist help from Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham), a former smuggler, in his effort to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
The new season of "Game of Thrones" will debut in April 2012. The show was recently announced as one of Top TV Programs of the Year by the American Film Institute (AFI).
More Game of Thrones News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding