New 'Dark Knight Rises' Teaser Poster Hints at Bane's Brutality
A brand new teaser poster for the highly anticipated "The Dark Knight Rises" has been made available for viewing pleasure, teasing supervillain Bane's brutality. Instead of showing Batman as a mighty superhero, the dark-themed image gives a look at Bane from behind, standing alone in the middle of a rainstorm while Batman's mask is shattered on the ground.
As Tom Hardy explained previously, the lead antagonist will be a very tough challenge for the Caped Crusader. "He is a terrorist in his mentally as well as brutal action. So he's horrible. A really horrible piece of work," so said the actor in an interview with Empire magazine last November.
Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming once also spilled details about the character. She revealed, "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."
"The Dark Knight Rises" is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on July 20, 2012. Director Christopher Nolan said that the story will take place eight years after "The Dark Knight". With Christian Bale tackling the superhero, the movie is also supported by Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says