Beaming Taylor Swift Receives Nashville Symphony's Harmony Award
Taylor Swift was glowing with happiness on Saturday, December 10. The country music cutie celebrated yet another prestigious honor when she was feted with Harmony Award at Nashville Symphony. She was joined at the gala by Nashville Symphony CEO and President Alan Valentine and famed conductor Giancarlo Guerrero.
The country/pop crooner, who was recently named Billboard's 2011 Woman of the Year, was picked to receive the honor for her effort in "exemplifying the unique harmony between the many worlds of music that exist in Nashville." She's also recognized for "her significant contributions to the development and appreciation of musical culture."
Commenting on Swift's impressive performance in music industry throughout the years of her career, Valentine gushed, "From classical to country to pop, a wide variety of genres of music thrive in Nashville, and [Taylor] Swift embodies the all-encompassing spirit that makes our city such a uniquely special place."
The "Mean" singer looked lovely at the event by wearing a strapless blue-tinged oyster Reem Acra gown which featured embroidered details and a sweeping skirt which ruffled out in a style. She finished off her elegant look with jewels by House of Lavande and shoes by Jimmy Choo. "Headed to the Nashville Symphony Ball = Ball gown time!!" she tweeted.
Swift, who put her blonde hair in a messy, yet elegant bun, followed the footsteps of Dolly Parton, Vince Gill and Martina McBride who had received the award in the past years.
Fresh off the ceremony in Nashville, Swift dropped behind-the-scene footage of her "Ours" music video which features her cozying up to "Friday Night Lights" star Zach Gilford. "About to go make some videos, home movies and cute things that I'm gonna be reminiscing back on while I'm in my awful work day," she said.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce