Beaming Taylor Swift Receives Nashville Symphony's Harmony Award
Taylor Swift was glowing with happiness on Saturday, December 10. The country music cutie celebrated yet another prestigious honor when she was feted with Harmony Award at Nashville Symphony. She was joined at the gala by Nashville Symphony CEO and President Alan Valentine and famed conductor Giancarlo Guerrero.
The country/pop crooner, who was recently named Billboard's 2011 Woman of the Year, was picked to receive the honor for her effort in "exemplifying the unique harmony between the many worlds of music that exist in Nashville." She's also recognized for "her significant contributions to the development and appreciation of musical culture."
Commenting on Swift's impressive performance in music industry throughout the years of her career, Valentine gushed, "From classical to country to pop, a wide variety of genres of music thrive in Nashville, and [Taylor] Swift embodies the all-encompassing spirit that makes our city such a uniquely special place."
The "Mean" singer looked lovely at the event by wearing a strapless blue-tinged oyster Reem Acra gown which featured embroidered details and a sweeping skirt which ruffled out in a style. She finished off her elegant look with jewels by House of Lavande and shoes by Jimmy Choo. "Headed to the Nashville Symphony Ball = Ball gown time!!" she tweeted.
Swift, who put her blonde hair in a messy, yet elegant bun, followed the footsteps of Dolly Parton, Vince Gill and Martina McBride who had received the award in the past years.
Fresh off the ceremony in Nashville, Swift dropped behind-the-scene footage of her "Ours" music video which features her cozying up to "Friday Night Lights" star Zach Gilford. "About to go make some videos, home movies and cute things that I'm gonna be reminiscing back on while I'm in my awful work day," she said.
More Taylor Swift News
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week