AFI Picks 'Game of Thrones', 'Homeland' and More as Top TV Shows of the Year
The American Film Institute (AFI) has announced the official selections of its annual award event. For the TV Programs of the Year, the organization picks the best 10 shows which include 6 dramas and 4 comedies.
Making it into the list are critically acclaimed freshmen "Game of Thrones", "Homeland" and "Louie". Meanwhile, the rest of the list sees award-winning series including "Boardwalk Empire", "Breaking Bad", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Good Wife", "Justified", "Modern Family" and "Parks and Recreation".
"AFI AWARDS represents the proudest of moments in the Institute's calendar of events," Bob Gazzale, AFI President & CEO, said in a statement. "The event brings together the year's top artists in a celebration of community, not competition."
Beside these 10 TV shows, the award-giving event will also honor top 10 movies of the year and present special awards to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria. The kudos will be handed out at an invitation-only luncheon on January 13, 2012 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles.
More Game of Thrones News
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert