AFI Picks 'Game of Thrones', 'Homeland' and More as Top TV Shows of the Year
The American Film Institute (AFI) has announced the official selections of its annual award event. For the TV Programs of the Year, the organization picks the best 10 shows which include 6 dramas and 4 comedies.
Making it into the list are critically acclaimed freshmen "Game of Thrones", "Homeland" and "Louie". Meanwhile, the rest of the list sees award-winning series including "Boardwalk Empire", "Breaking Bad", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Good Wife", "Justified", "Modern Family" and "Parks and Recreation".
"AFI AWARDS represents the proudest of moments in the Institute's calendar of events," Bob Gazzale, AFI President & CEO, said in a statement. "The event brings together the year's top artists in a celebration of community, not competition."
Beside these 10 TV shows, the award-giving event will also honor top 10 movies of the year and present special awards to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria. The kudos will be handed out at an invitation-only luncheon on January 13, 2012 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles.
More Game of Thrones News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season