AFI Picks 'Game of Thrones', 'Homeland' and More as Top TV Shows of the Year
The American Film Institute (AFI) has announced the official selections of its annual award event. For the TV Programs of the Year, the organization picks the best 10 shows which include 6 dramas and 4 comedies.
Making it into the list are critically acclaimed freshmen "Game of Thrones", "Homeland" and "Louie". Meanwhile, the rest of the list sees award-winning series including "Boardwalk Empire", "Breaking Bad", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Good Wife", "Justified", "Modern Family" and "Parks and Recreation".
"AFI AWARDS represents the proudest of moments in the Institute's calendar of events," Bob Gazzale, AFI President & CEO, said in a statement. "The event brings together the year's top artists in a celebration of community, not competition."
Beside these 10 TV shows, the award-giving event will also honor top 10 movies of the year and present special awards to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria. The kudos will be handed out at an invitation-only luncheon on January 13, 2012 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles.
More Game of Thrones News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard