AFI Picks 'Game of Thrones', 'Homeland' and More as Top TV Shows of the Year
The American Film Institute (AFI) has announced the official selections of its annual award event. For the TV Programs of the Year, the organization picks the best 10 shows which include 6 dramas and 4 comedies.
Making it into the list are critically acclaimed freshmen "Game of Thrones", "Homeland" and "Louie". Meanwhile, the rest of the list sees award-winning series including "Boardwalk Empire", "Breaking Bad", "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "The Good Wife", "Justified", "Modern Family" and "Parks and Recreation".
"AFI AWARDS represents the proudest of moments in the Institute's calendar of events," Bob Gazzale, AFI President & CEO, said in a statement. "The event brings together the year's top artists in a celebration of community, not competition."
Beside these 10 TV shows, the award-giving event will also honor top 10 movies of the year and present special awards to outstanding achievements in the moving image that do not match AFI's standard criteria. The kudos will be handed out at an invitation-only luncheon on January 13, 2012 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie