Video: 'SNL' Did Celebrity Impressions in 'New Year's Eve' Spoof
Christina Aguilera, Ashton Kutcher, Drew Barrymore and a lot of other actors will appear in "New Year's Eve" sequel titled "The Apocalypse", just not like their usual self. The star-studded drama movie was the object of "Saturday Night Live" spoof which re-creates the trailer and adds the tagline "It's love...at last sight".
In the sketch, host Katy Perry portrays Xtina, who was sitting with Kenan Thompson's Al Roker, singing in Aguilera's signature elongated notes. Towards the end of the video, Kristen Wiig cranked it up with her portrayal of Kim Cattrall's Samantha Jones, while Bobby Moynihan gave the last laugh with his innocent look of "the kid from 'Modern Family' ".
As the host, Perry kept herself busy by spoofing other artists too. She played Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine in a skit called "Doggie Duty", which is about a doggie-themed soundtrack and is a take on Welch's single "Dog Days Are Over". Perry later slipped in Pippa Middleton's shoes in a segment about raunchy version of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal