Video: 'SNL' Did Celebrity Impressions in 'New Year's Eve' Spoof
Christina Aguilera, Ashton Kutcher, Drew Barrymore and a lot of other actors will appear in "New Year's Eve" sequel titled "The Apocalypse", just not like their usual self. The star-studded drama movie was the object of "Saturday Night Live" spoof which re-creates the trailer and adds the tagline "It's love...at last sight".
In the sketch, host Katy Perry portrays Xtina, who was sitting with Kenan Thompson's Al Roker, singing in Aguilera's signature elongated notes. Towards the end of the video, Kristen Wiig cranked it up with her portrayal of Kim Cattrall's Samantha Jones, while Bobby Moynihan gave the last laugh with his innocent look of "the kid from 'Modern Family' ".
As the host, Perry kept herself busy by spoofing other artists too. She played Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine in a skit called "Doggie Duty", which is about a doggie-themed soundtrack and is a take on Welch's single "Dog Days Are Over". Perry later slipped in Pippa Middleton's shoes in a segment about raunchy version of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
More Saturday Night Live News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'