Video: 'SNL' Did Celebrity Impressions in 'New Year's Eve' Spoof
Christina Aguilera, Ashton Kutcher, Drew Barrymore and a lot of other actors will appear in "New Year's Eve" sequel titled "The Apocalypse", just not like their usual self. The star-studded drama movie was the object of "Saturday Night Live" spoof which re-creates the trailer and adds the tagline "It's love...at last sight".
In the sketch, host Katy Perry portrays Xtina, who was sitting with Kenan Thompson's Al Roker, singing in Aguilera's signature elongated notes. Towards the end of the video, Kristen Wiig cranked it up with her portrayal of Kim Cattrall's Samantha Jones, while Bobby Moynihan gave the last laugh with his innocent look of "the kid from 'Modern Family' ".
As the host, Perry kept herself busy by spoofing other artists too. She played Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine in a skit called "Doggie Duty", which is about a doggie-themed soundtrack and is a take on Welch's single "Dog Days Are Over". Perry later slipped in Pippa Middleton's shoes in a segment about raunchy version of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns