Video: 'SNL' Did Celebrity Impressions in 'New Year's Eve' Spoof
Christina Aguilera, Ashton Kutcher, Drew Barrymore and a lot of other actors will appear in "New Year's Eve" sequel titled "The Apocalypse", just not like their usual self. The star-studded drama movie was the object of "Saturday Night Live" spoof which re-creates the trailer and adds the tagline "It's love...at last sight".
In the sketch, host Katy Perry portrays Xtina, who was sitting with Kenan Thompson's Al Roker, singing in Aguilera's signature elongated notes. Towards the end of the video, Kristen Wiig cranked it up with her portrayal of Kim Cattrall's Samantha Jones, while Bobby Moynihan gave the last laugh with his innocent look of "the kid from 'Modern Family' ".
As the host, Perry kept herself busy by spoofing other artists too. She played Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine in a skit called "Doggie Duty", which is about a doggie-themed soundtrack and is a take on Welch's single "Dog Days Are Over". Perry later slipped in Pippa Middleton's shoes in a segment about raunchy version of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny