Video: 'SNL' Did Celebrity Impressions in 'New Year's Eve' Spoof
Christina Aguilera, Ashton Kutcher, Drew Barrymore and a lot of other actors will appear in "New Year's Eve" sequel titled "The Apocalypse", just not like their usual self. The star-studded drama movie was the object of "Saturday Night Live" spoof which re-creates the trailer and adds the tagline "It's love...at last sight".
In the sketch, host Katy Perry portrays Xtina, who was sitting with Kenan Thompson's Al Roker, singing in Aguilera's signature elongated notes. Towards the end of the video, Kristen Wiig cranked it up with her portrayal of Kim Cattrall's Samantha Jones, while Bobby Moynihan gave the last laugh with his innocent look of "the kid from 'Modern Family' ".
As the host, Perry kept herself busy by spoofing other artists too. She played Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine in a skit called "Doggie Duty", which is about a doggie-themed soundtrack and is a take on Welch's single "Dog Days Are Over". Perry later slipped in Pippa Middleton's shoes in a segment about raunchy version of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour