Jodie Foster's Estranged Dad Sentenced to Five Years in Jail
Jodie Foster's estranged father will be spending a next few years behind bars because of his home-building scam. Los Angeles city attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan revealed that Lucius Foster was sentenced to five years in jail on Friday, December 2, two days after he was convicted of 21 counts of grand theft and 9 of contracting without a license.
At the courthouse in Van Nuys located just north of Los Angeles, Judge Dohi expressed his concern that Lucius doesn't seem to have any intention to stop soliciting customers. The judge told the 89-year-old from Sherman Oaks, California, "Despite your personal charm, you are dangerous."
Lucius was found guilty for taking $130,000 in down payments from poor and elderly people for homes that he never built. During the trial, Deputy City Attorney Don Cocek revealed that he "told at least half the victims that he is Jodie's father as part of the scam to build up trust."
One of his victims, Corrinne Unsell, claimed she and her husband have invested $10,000 with Lucius in 2008. "He's either the liar of the century or he's delusional," she told the judge. "Either way he's dangerous. It does not matter that he's 89 years old .. We all know what he's capable of."
Lucius has been jailed since Wednesday, December 7. He is set to return to court on February 23, 2012 for a restitution hearing.
More Jodie Foster News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift