Jodie Foster's Estranged Dad Sentenced to Five Years in Jail
Jodie Foster's estranged father will be spending a next few years behind bars because of his home-building scam. Los Angeles city attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan revealed that Lucius Foster was sentenced to five years in jail on Friday, December 2, two days after he was convicted of 21 counts of grand theft and 9 of contracting without a license.
At the courthouse in Van Nuys located just north of Los Angeles, Judge Dohi expressed his concern that Lucius doesn't seem to have any intention to stop soliciting customers. The judge told the 89-year-old from Sherman Oaks, California, "Despite your personal charm, you are dangerous."
Lucius was found guilty for taking $130,000 in down payments from poor and elderly people for homes that he never built. During the trial, Deputy City Attorney Don Cocek revealed that he "told at least half the victims that he is Jodie's father as part of the scam to build up trust."
One of his victims, Corrinne Unsell, claimed she and her husband have invested $10,000 with Lucius in 2008. "He's either the liar of the century or he's delusional," she told the judge. "Either way he's dangerous. It does not matter that he's 89 years old .. We all know what he's capable of."
Lucius has been jailed since Wednesday, December 7. He is set to return to court on February 23, 2012 for a restitution hearing.
More Jodie Foster News
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic