Jodie Foster's Estranged Dad Sentenced to Five Years in Jail
Jodie Foster's estranged father will be spending a next few years behind bars because of his home-building scam. Los Angeles city attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan revealed that Lucius Foster was sentenced to five years in jail on Friday, December 2, two days after he was convicted of 21 counts of grand theft and 9 of contracting without a license.
At the courthouse in Van Nuys located just north of Los Angeles, Judge Dohi expressed his concern that Lucius doesn't seem to have any intention to stop soliciting customers. The judge told the 89-year-old from Sherman Oaks, California, "Despite your personal charm, you are dangerous."
Lucius was found guilty for taking $130,000 in down payments from poor and elderly people for homes that he never built. During the trial, Deputy City Attorney Don Cocek revealed that he "told at least half the victims that he is Jodie's father as part of the scam to build up trust."
One of his victims, Corrinne Unsell, claimed she and her husband have invested $10,000 with Lucius in 2008. "He's either the liar of the century or he's delusional," she told the judge. "Either way he's dangerous. It does not matter that he's 89 years old .. We all know what he's capable of."
Lucius has been jailed since Wednesday, December 7. He is set to return to court on February 23, 2012 for a restitution hearing.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge