First Three Minutes of 'Spartacus: Vengeance' Debuted
A new sneak peek to the first episode of "Spartacus: has landed online, giving a look at the first opening scene. Said to be a pivotal part of the show, the approximately three-minute footage follows Spartacus and other rebels who fight some soldiers. After the battle ends, he decides to use one of the army dead bodies to send a message to an old friend.
This follow-up to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" takes place several weeks after the end of the first season, where Spartacus led a rampage at the House of Batiatus. In the new chapter, Capua is in an uproar and the gladiators are on the run.
Liam McIntyre replaces the late Andy Whitfield as the titular character. Speaking of Spartacus' transformation from the first season, showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said, "In season 2, Spartacus learns how to be a leader. He goes from a guy with an axe to grind to being a leader."
"Spartacus: Vengeance" will premiere Friday, January 27, 2012 at 10 P.M. on Starz. While the second season is yet to be aired, the network has ordered the third season which will begin the production in early 2012.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered