First Three Minutes of 'Spartacus: Vengeance' Debuted
A new sneak peek to the first episode of "Spartacus: has landed online, giving a look at the first opening scene. Said to be a pivotal part of the show, the approximately three-minute footage follows Spartacus and other rebels who fight some soldiers. After the battle ends, he decides to use one of the army dead bodies to send a message to an old friend.
This follow-up to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" takes place several weeks after the end of the first season, where Spartacus led a rampage at the House of Batiatus. In the new chapter, Capua is in an uproar and the gladiators are on the run.
Liam McIntyre replaces the late Andy Whitfield as the titular character. Speaking of Spartacus' transformation from the first season, showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said, "In season 2, Spartacus learns how to be a leader. He goes from a guy with an axe to grind to being a leader."
"Spartacus: Vengeance" will premiere Friday, January 27, 2012 at 10 P.M. on Starz. While the second season is yet to be aired, the network has ordered the third season which will begin the production in early 2012.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage