First Three Minutes of 'Spartacus: Vengeance' Debuted
A new sneak peek to the first episode of "Spartacus: has landed online, giving a look at the first opening scene. Said to be a pivotal part of the show, the approximately three-minute footage follows Spartacus and other rebels who fight some soldiers. After the battle ends, he decides to use one of the army dead bodies to send a message to an old friend.
This follow-up to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" takes place several weeks after the end of the first season, where Spartacus led a rampage at the House of Batiatus. In the new chapter, Capua is in an uproar and the gladiators are on the run.
Liam McIntyre replaces the late Andy Whitfield as the titular character. Speaking of Spartacus' transformation from the first season, showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said, "In season 2, Spartacus learns how to be a leader. He goes from a guy with an axe to grind to being a leader."
"Spartacus: Vengeance" will premiere Friday, January 27, 2012 at 10 P.M. on Starz. While the second season is yet to be aired, the network has ordered the third season which will begin the production in early 2012.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!