First Three Minutes of 'Spartacus: Vengeance' Debuted
A new sneak peek to the first episode of "Spartacus: has landed online, giving a look at the first opening scene. Said to be a pivotal part of the show, the approximately three-minute footage follows Spartacus and other rebels who fight some soldiers. After the battle ends, he decides to use one of the army dead bodies to send a message to an old friend.
This follow-up to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" takes place several weeks after the end of the first season, where Spartacus led a rampage at the House of Batiatus. In the new chapter, Capua is in an uproar and the gladiators are on the run.
Liam McIntyre replaces the late Andy Whitfield as the titular character. Speaking of Spartacus' transformation from the first season, showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said, "In season 2, Spartacus learns how to be a leader. He goes from a guy with an axe to grind to being a leader."
"Spartacus: Vengeance" will premiere Friday, January 27, 2012 at 10 P.M. on Starz. While the second season is yet to be aired, the network has ordered the third season which will begin the production in early 2012.
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together