50 Cent Coming Out With Weight Loss Tips Book
While the fate of his fifth studio album is yet determined, 50 Cent enters the world of literature. The rapper is penning a health book about weight-loss as well as fitness titled "Formula 50: A 6-Week Total Body Transformation Plan".
50 Cent famously lost a lot of his body mass when portraying a football player who suffers from cancer in upcoming movie, "All Things Fall Apart". He shed off around 54 pounds for the role, going as lean as 160 pounds. For nine weeks, he went on a liquid diet and ran on treadmill three hours a day.
Through the book, 50 wants to "make positive changes and take charge of their overall health." There will be metabolic resistance training as the key to get in shape and nutrition guide. Published by Avery, which is an imprint of Penguin, the book will be available in stores January 2013. Jeff O'Connell, editor-in-chief of Bodybuilding.com, will co-write.
Previously, 50 had mentioned about developing a dietary supplement company. "We're going to build new supplements cause it's a big opportunity like Vitamin Water was. We want to market and promote it when we put out 50's album. There are different options of penetration for supplements through music; like going to GNC [for] protein shakes, vitamins, [etc.]. No beverage. When you go to a vitamin shop, there's no one of pop culture [representing], it's mostly muscle heads. We'll cut through the clutter with 50 in the store saying, 'You want to be 10% of me so take what I'm taking'," a statement from his camp read.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt