50 Cent Coming Out With Weight Loss Tips Book
While the fate of his fifth studio album is yet determined, 50 Cent enters the world of literature. The rapper is penning a health book about weight-loss as well as fitness titled "Formula 50: A 6-Week Total Body Transformation Plan".
50 Cent famously lost a lot of his body mass when portraying a football player who suffers from cancer in upcoming movie, "All Things Fall Apart". He shed off around 54 pounds for the role, going as lean as 160 pounds. For nine weeks, he went on a liquid diet and ran on treadmill three hours a day.
Through the book, 50 wants to "make positive changes and take charge of their overall health." There will be metabolic resistance training as the key to get in shape and nutrition guide. Published by Avery, which is an imprint of Penguin, the book will be available in stores January 2013. Jeff O'Connell, editor-in-chief of Bodybuilding.com, will co-write.
Previously, 50 had mentioned about developing a dietary supplement company. "We're going to build new supplements cause it's a big opportunity like Vitamin Water was. We want to market and promote it when we put out 50's album. There are different options of penetration for supplements through music; like going to GNC [for] protein shakes, vitamins, [etc.]. No beverage. When you go to a vitamin shop, there's no one of pop culture [representing], it's mostly muscle heads. We'll cut through the clutter with 50 in the store saying, 'You want to be 10% of me so take what I'm taking'," a statement from his camp read.
More 50 Cent News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed