WB Confirmed the Death of 'Dark Knight Rises' Extra on Set
An extra on the New York City set of "The Dark Knight Rises" suffered a heart attack during rehearsals and died. The unnamed actor was believed to have wandered off the set during a break and was later found unconscious.
"The studio can confirm that a male extra passed away while on a break during an off-set crowd rehearsal for a sequence with several hundred extras... in early November," a Warner Bros. rep told NY Post. "Production fully cooperated with the authorities' investigation, which established that he died of natural causes."
The extra reportedly was rehearsing for a huge fight scene that takes place between Arkham Asylum escapees and the Gotham City police force. No principal cast or filmmaker was present when the incident took place back in early November but amateur filmmakers caught it for Wall Street shoot.
"He was taken immediately to the hospital," said a source to NY Post. "It was during a period when the film was shooting a huge sequence with several hundred extras in the Wall Street area. But the male extra had been rehearsing in another location away from the set. While on a break, he'd walked away and died of natural causes."
"The Dark Knight Rises" opens in theaters July 20, 2012.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR