WB Confirmed the Death of 'Dark Knight Rises' Extra on Set
An extra on the New York City set of "The Dark Knight Rises" suffered a heart attack during rehearsals and died. The unnamed actor was believed to have wandered off the set during a break and was later found unconscious.
"The studio can confirm that a male extra passed away while on a break during an off-set crowd rehearsal for a sequence with several hundred extras... in early November," a Warner Bros. rep told NY Post. "Production fully cooperated with the authorities' investigation, which established that he died of natural causes."
The extra reportedly was rehearsing for a huge fight scene that takes place between Arkham Asylum escapees and the Gotham City police force. No principal cast or filmmaker was present when the incident took place back in early November but amateur filmmakers caught it for Wall Street shoot.
"He was taken immediately to the hospital," said a source to NY Post. "It was during a period when the film was shooting a huge sequence with several hundred extras in the Wall Street area. But the male extra had been rehearsing in another location away from the set. While on a break, he'd walked away and died of natural causes."
"The Dark Knight Rises" opens in theaters July 20, 2012.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'