Andie MacDowell's Daughter Rainey Qualley Picked as 2012 Miss Golden Globe
Golden Globe Awards continues its tradition to choose the daughter of a movie industry veteran to become Miss Golden Globe. For its 69th annual celebration next year, event organizers have chosen Rainey Qualley, the daughter of Andie MacDowell, to do the honor to assist in the upcoming awards show.
"I would like to thank the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for giving me this wonderful opportunity to serve as Miss Golden Globe 2012," 21-year-old Rainey said in a press conference which took place at Cecconi's in West Hollywood. "I'm really looking foward to being a part of this year's awards presentation."
She follows the footsteps of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's daughter Rumer Willis, Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd's Laura Dern, Eddie Fisher and Connie Stevens' Joely Fisher as well as Peter Griffith and Tippi Hedren's Melanie Griffith. Last year, it's Joe Mantegna's daughter Gia Mantegna who took the title.
Nominees for 2012 Golden Globes are set to be announced on December 15, while the winners will be honored on January 15 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) once again tapped Ricky Gervais as a host. It would be the third time in a row he hosts the star-studded gathering.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby