Queen Latifah Refuses to Be Called the Next Oprah Winfrey
Queen Latifah is telling people she's no Oprah Winfrey. The rapper-turned-actress is prepping for her return to daytime television, and people have been buzzing that she will fill the void left by the former queen of daytime. She, however, refused the comparison in an interview with Essence Magazine.
"People say I'm going to be the next Oprah. No. Oprah is still Oprah," the 41-year-old Grammy winner, who graces the cover of the publication's January 2012 issue, said when addressing the matter. She went on to stress, "I'll be the next me. I feel like there's always a lane for me as long as I'm true to myself."
Beside her upcoming talk show, the Leslie Wright of "Just Wright" also talked about providing a clothing line for curvy women like herself. "A lot of manufacturers don't respect the curvaceous woman. They don't respect our dollar or our shape," she explained.
Speaking of her partnership with Home Shopping Network, the Academy Award nominee said, "Working with HSN has been such a great partnership." She further gushed, "I'm happy to be able to make women's clothing I really like...everything in the line is something I would wear myself."
In the January issue, Latifah also shared to Essence "how she rose from the streets of Newark to the pinnacle of the entertainment industry". Her full interview will be available for reading when the magazine hit newsstands across the United States on December 12.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018